587,624 active members*
3,242 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

komo vr 508 cnc problem

Hi there forum, don't know if this is the right area to post this but here goes nothing:

I work at a carpentry and we have a komo vr 508 cnc router and this past week it has been going completely crazy on us. It's been throwing an Extreme + Overtravel alarm whenever it feels like it. At first, if i made the cnc start the router spinning, it wouldn't come back, so i took little note of it, but then the more time that went by, the more often it would throw it, and as a result, one day i was homing my tool changer and in the process, the machine did the extreme overtravel alarm, getting the tool carousel stuck in down position. We got the holder back up by inverting the air tubes to make it go up and then putting the tubes in their right place, so now the tool changer is now in the right position, however the tool carousel doesn't want to do anything now....
    we read some stuff about tool changer reset codes but we don't know which ones are right for our machine
    we checked all the sensors for extreme overtravel and all of them seem fine, we don't know what's wrong, overtravel alarm doesn't happen till at least 3 minutes of the cnc being on....
    like i said, the cnc is a komo vr 508 and it uses a fanuc series 15 - m to operate, the error is EX350 EXTREME + OVERTRAVEL
    and as for the toolchanger, any help would be extremely appreciated as i'm currently just on hold here getting my boss aggravated,

so any ideas anyone?

here are some videos showing what's wrong
    part 1
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oU9h6c7QsA"]YouTube- komo cnc problem part 1[/nomedia]
    part 2
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtzKkytHdmk"]YouTube- komo cnc problem part 2[/nomedia]

If the limit switches (of whatever type) are wired "Normal Closed", (as they should be) a broken wire or loose connection for a limit switch will open the connection and set off the over-travel warning. "Over-Travel" means that something has triggered a limit switch / sensor.
    Check the entire cable run for each axis and find that broken wire or connection.

Hi people, well the cnc is running right now, we're using one of the side routers to make it cut since it has 3 on it... however, i'm desperately in need of getting the toolchanger to work, as i've said i read about toolchanger reset codes but on my manuals i cant find anything about it....
    well if anyone knows anything please dont hesitate to mention your thoughts/ideas

Re: komo vr 508 cnc problem

I am also having an issue with a Komo VR508. Its an older machine and it is well within parameters but throwing a 1350 extreme + overtravel. Cant get it to reset but it will come and go when it feels like it. Any ideas?