587,862 active members*
3,356 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > KM3P Speed controller went crazy

KM3P Speed controller went crazy

I got my machine up and running, after I did a calibration I started the spindle, the speed went up and kept going up past 4000 when it got past the middle of the blank area between min and max I got a little nervous and hit the e-stop. I checked everything and it seemed OK so I restarted the machine. Now the speed control only works in that no mans area and is reversed so that when I try to go up the speed goes down and when I try to go down the speed goes up. It only moves about 1/4 turn of the speed indicator and stops. Any ideas on this one?
    Mike

You've got the little motor phased wrongly. If the spindle runs forward in high gear in manual, then it just means swapping two phases on the little speed change motor. If the spindle runs backwards, swap two incoming phases to the machine.
    It's possible you've broken the little chain behind the name badge on the head. Easy fix though.

We just got the machines (I bought 2) I spoke to Buddy and he told me the machine was out of phase I just reversed it but now I am back to my first problem with was servo faults. I fixed that the first time by just taking the boards out and reinstalling them after the move ( more great advise from Buddy, any parts I need will come from him for sure) and that fixed it so I am going out to try that again now that the polarity is changed. Sure hope this works. Thanks for the help
    Mike

Well that was it, polarity, and to pull all the boards again, I suspect that they store some memory that gets cleared when you remove them. But I did that and all is well now that the polarity is correct
    Mike

Good work, fella! Time for a beer!

Thanks Bloke, this is some learning experience, thanks for the help too, I need it