587,818 active members*
2,794 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thumbs up Keling power supply

I ordered the 3 axis stepper kit with 36V 8.8A power supply from Keling. After wire everything, the first thing I noticed was that the 36V power supply was making very high pitched noise. After about 5-min of operation, the power supply is dead, output gives 0V. After checking the wiring, I hooked up a computer power supply to the drivers, and everything works fine, I even let it run a few hours without any problems, and right now the system is mounted on my mill and operating fine, except the rapids are very slow due to the low voltage of the computer power supply.

I told Keling about this problem, and they replaced the power supply. After few weeks, when the second power supply showed up, I immediately noticed that the warranty seal is broken (maybe they decided to "fix" it rather than replace it). Then I connected it to my drivers, nothing works. I measured the output with a multimeter, it gives only 5V. I tried to send Keling email twice but somehow he never replies me.

As a side note, I saw the very same power supply on ebay for 40$ shipped, and I already spent 70$ with return shipping for a broken power supply. Hope I could get an answer from Keling by posting it here. :wave:

We did not get any email from you. pls email me your address, we will send you another new one.
    www.kelinginc.net

I sent you another message using the message box on your site. Hope it works this time.

I wouldn't worry to much, I had a issue with my order and John made everything right, he stands by his product and will take care of it.

Turns out that they had some problems with the emails.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyomin View Post
    Turns out that they had some problems with the emails.
    Have the email issues been resolved? I sent an email earlier this week with no response.