587,203 active members*
3,430 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > Introducing the G214 and Contest!
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: Introducing the G214 and Contest!

I would appreciate the g214 and use it on the indexer

I sincerely apologize for not having responded sooner. I've been 'on the road' on client projects for a month, and not able to address this.

I received my G214 drive while away, and have just unpackaged it. It looks robust and has screw-terminal terminations in addition to what's shown in the video. It also has a robust heat-sink, which is obviously intended to be further doped and attached to a larger heat-sinking surface.

I'm slightly confused, in that I cannot see any reference to part # 214 on it: in fact, the only number I see that looks like a part number reads "050216". The parts-layout is identical to what is in the vid, except for the screw-terminals (which I much appreciate).

It will be still be a while before I can try this on the machine I mentioned in the contest, but I just spent the last two weeks on that site, and it would be VERY beneficial to their productivity, if this drive will alleviate the resonances they have in one component of it.

Thanks SO MUCH to Gecko for giving me the opportunity to evaluate this. Every other drive in that machine is Gecko, also... so you can tell I'm 'hooked' on their products!

Lloyd

Lloyd,

Thanks for the response! The numbers on there are a revision number (just a date code) and the "Kirzaka" is the internal project number. All of our projects get internal nicknames, like the GM215 was Bihu, and sometimes they make it on to the PCB. Some of our customers private label stuff so we can't usually have any part numbers or logos on the bare PCB, especially with an open frame drive like this. We are most likely going to put a cover on these and are working out the design of them but the connectors on either side make it a bit difficult. I've attached a rendering of what a potential cover will look like in the future.

Attachment 332778
    Marcus Freimanis
    www.geckodrive.com

Quote Originally Posted by CoAMarcus View Post
    So I still haven't heard anything from SteveS so we have to pick a new fourth winner. That winner is Bvbang, so congratulations! I have just sent a PM notifying you so just follow the instructions and we will get your new G214 out as soon as we receive shipping info.
    Story of my life, somehow my pm ability on this site isn't working for some things. I get updates on subscriptions but not messages.

Hope Bvbang has fun.

Steve.

SteveS,

Go ahead and shoot me an email at [email protected]. We can get you a couple G214s sent out free of charge. That sucks that the private messages didn't go through, but you're here now so that works out.
    Marcus Freimanis
    www.geckodrive.com

Thanks Marcus to the rescue.

I just don't know how to respond to the message and I don't want to let go of the Gecko drive

Haha don't worry about it. There was a problem on the backend of CNC Zone with private messages so we now have five winners instead of four. More G214s for everyone!
    Marcus Freimanis
    www.geckodrive.com

Page 3 of 3 123