Hey guys I need some help. I have done my G0704 conversion with all Hoss has recommended as parts except I am running a USB-SS other than that all the stepper drivers are the ones he recommends. My spindle is a whole story in itself but it is not the problem.

My cnc conversion has been working fine but I have been doing manual tool changes. I finally did the Z and Y axis extensions and the ballscrews, my version of a power draw bar and a ATC. It is a bed type tool rack for now. I downloaded the M6Start.m1s from Hoss's link, made the changes to the machine coordinates to fit my machine. I tested it in the MDI and could make all the tool changes I wanted no problem.

I had a problem with the M6Start.M1S macro, I had to remove the -2.5 from behind the Z for after it drops one tool and goes to new tool. It would not go up or down just move laterally to the new tool. I am so glad I was running it absent the tool rack. As you know with that removed it goes to Z 0.0 after dropping one tool and moving to the new tool. I tried all kinds of different numbers but it will not move vertically at all with a number behind the Z. So I left it at just Z so it goes to machine zero for all tool change movements vertically, works fine.

Now I ran a program with 3 different tools, I have ran it before and changed tools by hand so I know it is a good program.

As it was supposed to it switched tool 8 that was in the spindle with tool 1 from the rack and ran the first part of the program perfectly. When it came time to change to tool 3 from tool 1 it just dropped the tool where the spindle was at and started the spindle and tried to continue with the program....I tried it several times and every time it comes to a tool change after the first tool change it just drops the tool that is in the spindle and continues on as if it actually did the tool change.

Have you got any ideas why it is acting this way?