587,394 active members*
3,763 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > Hurco VM1 / OneCNC compatability

Hurco VM1 / OneCNC compatability

Anyone have a post file, or even a G/M code sample that would help set up a post for a Hurco VM1? Anyone using a VM1? We are demo-ing one next week and I want to make sure we can post through OneCNC to it.

Thanks
    Scott

Zcases, doesn't OneCnc have an Ultimax post?
    My XR2 does.
    Let me know if it does not work, or you need me to email you the post (somehow)
    I have not used it yet, but I will when my VMX24 gets here next week.

Doug.

There are several guys on the Onecnc forum with VM-1s that do really nice, very complicated work with Onecnc. Never heard of any issues between the two.

Get on the Onecnc forum and search or just ask for the post for your Hurco control.

can't say it enough guys, read the manual. your vm-1 should have come with a cd-rom containing the operators manual. it's all in pdf format. you can print out any and all of the manual. the manual is split into two volumes. the first covers the conversational side of the control and g-code. the second covers all the options. be aware there are two levels of g-code available in the hurco control. it comes standard with what is called "basic nc". there is also a software option called "isnc". read the manual and be aware of which you are running.

I dont even have the machine yet. So.....no cd-rom. What does the ISNC do over the basic NC? I am now considering what options to purchase with the machine. Since I use OneCNC for CAM, it seems I do not need anything extra in the machine control, correct?