586,058 active members*
4,266 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > How to check for broken tooling in FANUC15B

How to check for broken tooling in FANUC15B

Hi!
    I have HITACHI HG400III with FANUC 15B.
    I need to check the tooling for broken (yes or not) befor start the processing.
    I have never done it earlier.
    I know that this device is for this, but I don't know the macro or G commands to use it
    Can anybody help me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1541.jpg  

Re: How to check for broken tooling in FANUC15B

Quote Originally Posted by =aike= View Post
    Hi!
    I have HITACHI HG400III with FANUC 15B.
    I need to check the tooling for broken (yes or not) befor start the processing.
    I have never done it earlier.
    I know that this device is for this, but I don't know the macro or G commands to use it
    Can anybody help me?
    Hi aike,
    You don't say if you already have any propriety Macro Programs to go with the Tool Setting Hardware that you have, or if you want to write the Macro from scratch, but I assume from scratch.

If the Macro will be used for broken tool detection only, then the task is fairly simple. The Fanuc control uses a special Function called a Skip Function executed by G31. In use, a coordinate is used that will have the tool Run Into the Tool Setter on its way to the specified coordinate. When the tool hits and triggers the Setting Device, the Skip Signal is turned on and the following occurs:

1. the motion of the axis is stopped
    2. the program skips through to the next Block in the program
    3. the Workpiece Coordinate System Current Position is recorded in System Variables #5061–#5068 (#5061 being X axis, #5062 Y axis, #5063 Z axis and so on)

If the coordinate specified in conjunction with G31 is reached without the Skip Signal being turned on (profoundly broken tool), then this end coordinate will be recorded in the System Variables #5061–#5068, and of course, the program will advance to the next Block in the program.

In a broken tool detection program, this next block after the Ship Function would be a Conditional Statement where you would compare the value held in #5063 (for Z axis) to what it should be if the tool is not broken (plus and minus an acceptable tolerance).

Regards,

Bill

Dear angelw!
    I check the system display and found INFORMATION item. In this item there are 3 submenu.
    1. G-code
    2. M-codee

I entered in M code and found that M86 - NC TOOL DAMAGE MEASURE (OP), but I have this installed option.
    I don't know how to use this M command.
    Can you help me?

Dear angelw!
    I check the system display and found INFORMATION item. In this item there are 3 submenu.
    1. G-code
    2. M-codee

I entered in M code and found that M86 - NC TOOL DAMAGE MEASURE (OP), but I have this installed option.
    Can you help me?
    Hi aike,
    Look up the following parameters to see if the number 86 is registered in any, particularly parameters 7071 to 7079 inclusive. Also note any numbers registered in any of the parameters listed below and Post back the results here.

Parameters
    7050 to 7059 inclusive
    and
    7071 to 7079 inclusive

Regards,

Bill

Dear angelw!
    1. G-code
    2. M-codee

Can you help me?

"Can you help me?"

I am seeing this kind of lack of common courtesy more and more often on these kind of forums. People have a problem that they need help with and come to a place like cnczone to ask questions for solving their problems. Someone volunteers to take the time to write out a response in hopes provide to a solution to the issues they are experiencing. 2 times the OP asked "can you help me" help was offered. Not a single "Thank You" instead 2 weeks go by and nothing, no hey I solved my problem and here's how but thanks anyway. People take for granted the "WONDERFUL FREE" resource a place like this is and the advice that is offered here is top notch expert advice from a number very skilled individuals who been I this field for quite some time. I find it appalling the lack of courtesy or common decency to at least say thank you. People you don't have to be helped and when you are the least you can do is thank the person who ever it my be. OP no personal disrespect intended, and I dont know the circumstances of this particular situation, your post just so happened to be the target. Rant over.

Brent

Quote Originally Posted by yardbird1969 View Post
    "Can you help me?"

I am seeing this kind of lack of common courtesy more and more often on these kind of forums. People have a problem that they need help with and come to a place like cnczone to ask questions for solving their problems. Someone volunteers to take the time to write out a response in hopes provide to a solution to the issues they are experiencing. 2 times the OP asked "can you help me" help was offered. Not a single "Thank You" instead 2 weeks go by and nothing, no hey I solved my problem and here's how but thanks anyway. People take for granted the "WONDERFUL FREE" resource a place like this is and the advice that is offered here is top notch expert advice from a number very skilled individuals who been I this field for quite some time. I find it appalling the lack of courtesy or common decency to at least say thank you. People you don't have to be helped and when you are the least you can do is thank the person who ever it my be. OP no personal disrespect intended, and I dont know the circumstances of this particular situation, your post just so happened to be the target. Rant over.

Brent
    Hi Brent,
    Pursuant to the OP's previous Post, had he come back with the information I sought, I could have pointed him towards the program for him to list here, and I'm sure I, or other Forum members could have explained its use, having seen the content.

Regards,

Bill