587,657 active members*
4,849 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Homing boss 8 or boss 10

Well.

I looked more carefully at things on my 2V3E boss 10 machine... And on the right of the knee table there are 2 limit/home switches on my machine. One has 1 button in it and the other has 2.

The one with 2 was frozen down the one with 1 was also frozen down how ever I was able to free that one up. Had to dissassemble the switch with 2 so it would start moving. So that is all done and they shold work right.

So when powering up it comes to
    >enable axis drives

I enable and can move the table and quil around.

But on the right it lists I think X and Y as not homed. Is there an easy way to start the home sequence? Only way I have been able to trigger it is when it happens to ask to be homed after power up but I have no idea why it sometimes askes to be homed after power up > Press Exicute to begin homing sequence

Vs it just powering up and going directly to >enable axis drives.

The BOSS 8 I have shows the same thing on power up. After I enable the drives, I hit execute and Z will home first, then X, and finally Y. It will then show "AXIS LIMIT". From there, I can go into MDI,MDI STORE, or <a class=l href=http://webmaxsearch.com?qq=auto onmouseover="return (window.status='auto');" onmouseout="window.status='';">auto</a> with no problems.
    On mine, if I want to rehome the machine, I simply tap the E-STOP which will disable the drives, and after enabling the drives again, hit execute, and it will rehome.
    Mine needs to be homed each time the drives are disabled because the machine does not know where the axis are until it receives a marker pulse from the encoder after hitting the home switch.
    Steve

Acutally I was sitting on the Z limit keeping the screen from switching to hit exicute to home.

How ever now I have a new problem. That is the x jib seems to have jammed my table... So I have to get that loosened up or something. Don't think my oiler was working.

but anyway.

b.

Anyway about the jib lock.. ended up getting it
    loose. It sucked the jib in and locked it up is all
    about 1-2" from the X home location in the little
    moveing I did manually it sucked it in. I'll have to
    clean them when I reassemble them after the move.

But got the jib loose. And hit home and it came to
    the regular ready screen all as it should. I could
    jog around all the axis and ingage the spindle motor
    as well.

Sounds like I got a nasty flat spot (as I figured) in
    the motor drive belt.

But I also still think I'm having a problem with oil
    pressure from the oil tank. I have air going to the
    machine and stuff. but the oil pressure gage does not
    go up. Guessing that is bad..

I did fill the way oil tank and stuff.

b.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P5110048.jpg  

Oiler works only when the spindle is turning. It latches a relay and even if it runs out of oil, the spindle keeps running untill it reaches a tool change. The spindle will not restart, and you will go crazy unless you remember this, and fill the way oil tank.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Assuming I'm just at the pannel and not running a program (so I will not come to a tool change command in code) is there another time it would check or try to give it self a shot of oil so I can test / see if it is working?

b.

Ok.. I'm a dope...

figured out ya pull on the manual plunger to get the pump to go..

Now the bridge has oil on it's parts and all sounds happy...

b.

With the head running, the pump should cycle about once every 1/2 hr. This is "SUPER IMPORTANT." Visually confirm this. The pump motor, or drive gear (1 of 2) could need to be replaced.

I also manually pull the pump handle at startup, and during cutting.

"A great machine without oil, can very quickly become junk"

I have seen mine cycle. typically my parts are short run stuff and the machine sits for days between so good practice to give it a squirt at startup.

Either way when my spindle starts for the first time after sitting I get oil wipped off it (always remember to hang a rag there at the first start now) so I'm pretty sure oil is getting in and doing it's thing.

b.

Hello Newby2, simply pushing the "axis drive enable" button again, then "execute" will also reinitiate the home sequence.