587,743 active members*
3,093 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > HELP PLEASE FANUC OM-B Inputting Parameters

HELP PLEASE FANUC OM-B Inputting Parameters

Kitamura MC 1 ser.#02196
    I have lost parameters on this machine and have researched how to put them back in but when I get to the point of actually installing them I have ran into a snag and need some guidance on how to do this,here is an example of what my problem is;
    I have the parameters on paper hard copies
    on one set of parameters it reads like this;

N0001 P 00010100
    N0002 P 00000010
    N0003 P 10100000
    N0121 P 00000100
    N0136 P 00000007
    N0735 P-00242500

And the next set that has the serial # for the machine sent with it from the factory (I assume) looks like this;
    N001 .....1..
    N002 ......11
    N003 1.1.....
    N121 .....100
    N136 .......7
    N735 .-242500
    N906 ..1.1...

There are a few that are a little different I plan to use the set thet came with the machine but do I enter a 0 for a . or how do I enter a . in the line ? My monitor had the periods in the line not 0's so there has to be some way to enter the period ?
    And why would the par #2 be different ?
    Will I have all the parameters I need or were some put in by Fanuc Tech. I have all the original paper work for the machine and it list options that came with it I do know it had a fourth installed but not sure if I have what I need to put that in.

Re: HELP PLEASE FANUC OM-B Inputting Parameters

Pic of my key board
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	019.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	327716

Made some progress today got the parameters back in machine starts up with no alarms but I can not move any axis and I know the axis are not where they are supposed to be here are some pics of my screen any help would be appreciate any help. I will post a pic of my screen when it first comes on it has all axis at zero in all instances.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	022 (3).jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	327740Click image for larger version. 

Name:	023 (2).jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	327742Click image for larger version. 

Name:	024 (2).jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	327744

The "." is just a 0. type in a 0. PRM#2 bit 0 is for 1 or 2 stop bits when using RS-232 communication. (Nevermind, it seems you solved that part.)

Your machine appears to be in E-stop. Check all buttons around the machine, and any overtravel switches

Quote Originally Posted by STLMachinist View Post
    The "." is just a 0. type in a 0. PRM#2 bit 0 is for 1 or 2 stop bits when using RS-232 communication. (Nevermind, it seems you solved that part.)

Your machine appears to be in E-stop. Check all buttons around the machine, and any over travel switches
    Yep Thanks I finally figured that out it was 0's and 1's or other numerals in other locations. I was able to get the parameters loaded back into the machine got it starting up with no errors on the screen but I have an error on the tool changer.I think that's because the head is not where it is supposed to be ?
    I still have not been able to jog an axis for some reason or other ? I do have all the books for the machine and have been studying the parameters and what there settings are for.Lots of info.its confusing for someone just starting out
    Yes I think what you said about the over travel switch or something like that is causing the issue. pulled all the limit switches of cleaned and checked for operation they should all be good but the axis is sitting on the -X limit switch the Y is about in the middle and the Z is off of the switch.
    After inputting the parameters everything is at ZERO however that is not the true location of the axis I will have to set them all back up somehow ?
    Back to the books I am getting a little better at reading Janglish or whatever language the were written in.

Ok found out I have more parameters to enter ; some 300's and a few 400's, Found them on a data sheet that came with my machine. I will get them put in and see what happens ?
    I will be crossing my fingers hoping to get some life back into my machine.
    Thanks for the help so far.

Quote Originally Posted by tfuqua63 View Post
    Ok found out I have more parameters to enter ; some 300's and a few 400's, Found them on a data sheet that came with my machine. I will get them put in and see what happens ?
    I will be crossing my fingers hoping to get some life back into my machine.
    Thanks for the help so far.
    Those are most likely the Diagnostic parameters. Find the DGNOS page, enter them there. Although they may not be able to hand enter. Might have to read them in by RS-232.

I was able to enter the 300 and 400 DGN Parameters this evening but still have not been able to do anything yet other than actuate the tool release and lock ? I did notice that my screen was missing the blocks at the bottom where the buttons are located just below I will post a pic of that it also shows axis location before I lost parameters. I also have a pic of my current screen I will try to upload as well.
    Attachment 327926

Here's some pics of my current screen

Attachment 328318Attachment 328320Attachment 328322Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	328324