587,446 active members*
3,043 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Help Needed With WKLaser LC6090

New laser cutter having intermittent problems with datum. Wants to go beyond 'home'; up and left arrows not working at all; down and right try to take it home. Is this possible problem with firmware? Or the MPC6515 driver or card itself? Has anyone experienced this? Have reloaded driver and software many, many times. A few times it got it going; now nothing. Suggestions?

LC6090

Hello,

I have an LC6090 also but it's the USB setup, no card. I would try to remove the card and re-seat it, make sure it's all the way in the slot and the contacts in the slot are lining up with the contacts on the card.

Do a search for posts by Flyguy007. He also has an LC6090 and had some trouble getting his card working correctly, but eventually did. He posted some information about it.

Also make sure the limit switches are aligned properly and not wired in reverse.
    Hi-TecDesigns.com -- Automotive Lighting Systems

Also have USB set up; MPC6515 is in machine. You are supposed to be able to reload firmware through the USB flash drive; doesn't work. Hangs up at either system starting or downloading progress 0%. When connected to PC through USB cable, we can download a processing file, but the file won't run because datum is not working.

Here's what works for me... have your computer running and the USB cable connected and turn the laser on. Wait for it to go to the start screen. Start up the LaserCut software. Click on the printer icon at the top area of the screen. Click the Stand Alone tab and click on the Download Config button and see if the machine beeps that it has received the config file. If it beeps then you know the USB connection is good.

On mine, I didn't want it to do the datum thing every time I started it up, so under File, Machine Options (I think that's what it says, I'm not in the shop), click the first choice on the list and I unchecked Auto Datum. But after I did that I couldn't send files to the machine. WKLaser had me change a speed setting from 20 to 8 (slow jog speed) and that's all it was. It has worked great ever since, and the laser head stays put now when powering on.

But anyhow, to use the USB thumb drive to load the config file, and cut files too, onto the laser you have to export the file to the thumb drive using the LaserCut Stand Alone window because I think it adds more than one file. Like to load a cut file with the thumb drive I think there needs to be 3 separate files (or maybe 2) before the laser will recognize it. It's much easier to just use the USB cable to send them, if possible.

Sorry if you know all this already. If you need more info or need a copy of my config file to look at to make sure yours is the same, just let me know. I will brave the snowstorm we are having and walk out to the shop and make a screenshot of the config settings.

Also, MacGyver had a good point about the limit switches. I can let you know how mine are wired if you want to check that. But first of all, get a good config file to the machine.

Datum

I had this problem with a Rabbit Laser. On the control card is a jumper, it was in the wrong location. move it over 1 pin to the left. should be all the way over to the left.. If you are looking at the card it is on the left side of the card between the 2 green connectors. Of course this was on a Rabbit Laser. Hope this helps. Also try sawmillcreek.org. Jim
    Rabbit Laser HX6090SC

Hi,
    if your controller acts crazy like this, it will most likely not recognize the config file you´re trying to download.
    Use a fresh config file, right from a new installation of lasercut50. Don´t make changes to the config, just download the file as it was installed to the machine..

If the machine does not beep after receiving the config file, do the following:
    Choose/highlight the CFG file in the machines data screen, press enter, then press start. The machine will "run" the config file then (and maybe beep).
    Shut down machine, turn on again and see if problems persist.

If yes, next thing to do is shutting off machine and checking the wires and connectors on the controller board. Rock the connectors slightly from side to side and make sure they are seated well, look for loose cables. Turn on machine and see if it starts up normally.

Still not working?
    Next you could flash the controller with the corresponding firmware. This is different from the CFG file process. Normally you don´t have to flash the controller with the firmware but sometimes it can help. Do NOT upgrade your MPC6515 with a newer firmware, it´s good for nothing.
    If you have V4.0.0.15 (see label on the motherboard), I can send you the files.

After firmware procedure you have to download a CFG file, without it the machine will not work.

Check your home switches: Turn on machine with laser head in middle of working area and door open. Before the machine reaches the home corner, press switches by hand. If there is no reaction, switches or wiring is bad.

Check the position of switches.
    Our machine (WKlaser lc1280) is wired nicely but factory installed y-axis switch slightly off position. While homing the laser head (actually the belt tensioner screw) hit the beam /rail on the right side before touching the limit switch. This way the work area was expanded by one Inch to the right side :-) but it was not the way it should be. I moved the limit switch to the left a little bit and that´s it.

The home position is in the upper right corner, see if the settings in the config file are correct.

hope this helps

stephan

No Luck Yet

We appreciate all the responses; will try everything this am and let y'all know!

Well, have tried all helpful tips from everyone. Nothing yet. We do have 4.0.0.15 so Stephan if you could please send files we would greatly appreciate it.

No luck yet, would you mind sending us your files? We do have 4.0.0.15. Thanks!

Hi,
    here it is...

Fmw.zip is all you need for the firmware procedure.

MPC6515_V4.0.0.15User.zip is the whole package. You can try the "Mpc05Ver+M05.exe" app to check the version of your controller board.
    The Rest is manuals, USB driver and so on. You already got these files with your machine.

I downloaded this a few weeks ago from the website of the conrollers manufacturer.

They have a new website now which is chinese only; I couldn´t locate the firmware download there anymore.FYI: www.leetro.com

The old website in english is steill available (at least from time to time :-)
    www.step-servo.com
    They have a newer firmware there; I had no luck with it, machine does better with original firmware.

Good Luck!

Stephan
    Attached Files Attached Files

Larger file doen´t upload...

I can´t get the larger one to upload. Anyone interested in his pls send me a private message

regards

stephan

Hi to you all.
    My first post and I need help. Have been reading with great interest the comments so far in this thread. I have a new 80W laser, the same as SkipW. USB setup and all. So far the Chinese have been great with trying to get things right but so far we still have not had any success. When we got the laser we followed everything to the letter but nothing. We did find a test file they left on the USB. Downloaded that from the USB direct into the laser and their file works very well. So I can cut a 150mm square or engrave an outline from it. Anything we load in the Lasercut 5.0 or Corel we can down load it to the laser but nothing happens. I have checked the driver as the posts here and it is 4.0.0.15. I can also move the laser around the work table from the computer. I strongly believe it is a software problem with the Drivers and the Lasercut; but not been experienced enough to be certain, so I have asked Smoe for software copies. I also think I may be just setting up the files for engraving wrongly when I am putting them through their final stages before tranferring them to the laser. Any one out there with any thing else that can help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello again
    Well, I am sorry guys. I had the wrong name of my laser. It is not a LC6090 but a XJ6090. Different agents for basically same machine. Ok different letters same numbers but same machine really. Well my Chinese agents have come through with the goods today and we have upgraded the firmware. Thanks to this thread I managed to identify the problems and they supplied the upgrade. Smoe and SkipW you guys rock. Thanks

Thanks for Everyone's Help!

Thanks to the firmware files, we're back in business. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hi Josywales.
    May I ask (since you are in New Zealand) if you imported the machine yourself, or if not - who the importer was?

I also have an XJ6090, and while it's not properly setup yet due to the importer updating the firmware (anything I program comes out about 70% too big in both X & Y !) when it first arrived (just a couple of weeks ago) I did manage to nut out a procedure to actually do some work on it.

Just yell if you (or anyone else) would like to see it and I'll post it here.

Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob
    I imported the laser on my own direct from XYZ-Jinan. I found them to be extremely helpful. A bit lacking in English but it certainly was better than my Chinese. The best thing was I could contact them by email, Skype, phone and they run an online live chat service. I had the firmware problem as well but they came through with the software to correct that. Bob check out SkipW comment on the firmware down load. I found that more helpful than the Chinese instructions on the downloading of the software. I have run a few tests now and so far everything is sweet at the moment. Drop me a pm and we can talk on the phone if you want.

Hi Bob
    BTW if you did not import the machine then surely the importer would be responsible for sorting out your problems. I did get a year warranty from them. I would say best to let the importer do the running around and recitfying, because if you damage something they may say it is your fault. I never even asked XYZ if they had an agent in NZ and they never indicated either. I just seached the internet for Chinese lasers and checked out the forums of CNC and Sawmill Creek on which ones to stay away from. Their name never came up as bad so I assumed they could be ok. I would offer you the firmware software they sent me, but I think it is best your importer handles that due to warranty issues mate.

Hi Josywales.
    TX for your comments. The importer, who is XYZ's agent in NZ, has sent me several versions of the configuration files 6515xxxx.fmw and 6515xxxx.hdw) but none of them have solved the problem.

The laser doesn't indicate that the files are correctly downloaded to via the flash drive, but the LED called D1 in the docs does indeed pause for a couple of seconds, leading me to think they have been loaded.

Rebooting the laser has no effect.
    Any program I send it, either directly from Lasercut50 or via the flash drive socket, is 'expanded' by aprox 70%. I.e. a 100mm square comes out as 170 (ish).

This also applies to the jog function. If it's set to 100 then the laser head moves 170mm for each push on one of the arrow keys.

As you can appreciate, this makes using the laser just about impossible!

The importer has sent me another file (an .exe) tonight, as well as another copy of the two above files (Version 4100 for the FMW and 3006 for the HDW) Haven't opened the .exe yet to see what's in that...

I agree with your comments about him being responsible for sorting out the problem - but so far nothing he's tried has worked - and in the meantime I'm stuck with a large, square, boat anchor in my garage (chair)

Bob
    p.s. Cant use the phone, I'm HOH.

Hi,
    you have to get your configuration right and download the CFG file to the machine.

Bob, if you open the machine settings in the file option of lasercut, you will find the working table settings, in pulse units first at top, you can see a box with some dots, if you click there you will get the steps per of the x y stepmotors, if you change this numbers you 'll see that the square starts to change. Then draw with the lasercut 50 the square 100 x100 mm,(with not too much power, (is not cutting) then measure it , change the numbers 10% in one of the axis and measure it again until reach the 100 x 100 mm square., that way I'm sure you 'll find the way to get your machine to the exact measure.
    in some of the posts there is a lot of info about the download of the software, you have to reinstall it until it becomes ok, do not use corel x3, or vista windows, try to let the pc only for the laser erase the programs you dont use as messenger, music,players,etc.
    Luis
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12