587,263 active members*
3,355 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Hardinge CHNC II/Fanuc 10TF Control - 'SV008' - X Excess Error (Stop) Alarm

Hardinge CHNC II/Fanuc 10TF Control - 'SV008' - X Excess Error (Stop) Alarm

Hello all.

I purchased a Hardinge CHNC II from a local auction about a year ago, got it set and wired up and it powered up and ran fine.

It has sat for about a year without being touched. This past weekend I fired it up, and I keep getting this alarm message: 'SV008' - X Excess Error (Stop) Alarm

After some investigating (removing covers, etc...) I noticed when jogging the x-axis, it stutters, and I believe this is what is tripping the alarm, something mechanical.

I have topped all of the oil reservoirs off, removed the bellows on the back, and the ballscrew is shiny and oily from what I can tell.

When moving the x-axis on the forward side with an allen wrench in the end of the ballscrew shaft, I feel some resistance and what feels like 'steps', could be the cog belt.

I am a little gun shy about pulling the servo/belt to see if the isolated ballscrew still hesitates.

I have researched this website and other forums and have found myself stumped.

Has anyone had this issue before? Any ideas?

I am more than happy to let a professional look into this issue. Any recommendations for machine tool repair in the Kansas City area?

Thanks in advance.

Travis Deason

Re: Hardinge CHNC II/Fanuc 10TF Control - 'SV008' - X Excess Error (Stop) Alarm

have you turned the axis to its full extents? I would suspect if a belt was bad there may be areas where it is worse. I think you can see the belt by removing the cover on the rear.
    I believe you have dc motors - you could use a 12vdc power supply to move the motor - you would have to find the location where the wires are terminated -it should be a terminal block, and fairly large wire 8-10 ga...if electrickery is not your thing I would advise caution

Re: Hardinge CHNC II/Fanuc 10TF Control - 'SV008' - X Excess Error (Stop) Alarm

I had the same problem happen to me (hardinge CHNC II Fanuc GN10 control) this past weekend. I'll share what I've tried so far although I've been left kind of stumped.

My slide won't jog at all. I found that I'm having a SV008 error and OT002 error. The P and Can start up didn't work for me. I had to hold the - & . during power on then 4 input, N input, & 6 input to get the OT002 to go away. It still won't clear the SV008 or Jog. I used a 3/16 allen in the front of the Z ball screw, removed rectangular cover (4) 1/8" allen screws, to move the slide to the middle but the OT002 error remains after a power cycle. I'm guessing because I'm not able to home it? My error is on the Z axis. Already tried swapping amps and the error stayed with Z. The only way I can get the X axis to move and the SV008 to go away is by doing the - & . start up but with the Z axis servo motor disconnected. As soon as it's reconnected after powering down and back up the error comes back. Where should I look at the encoder or the servo motor?