586,069 active members*
3,356 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hardinge Bridge port ATC problem

Hardinge Bridgeport VMC 1000 XP3

I need help figuring out what happened to my mill. The ATC seems to have lost its place. When I power up the mill the ATC Carousel keeps indexing nonstop. I have alarm no. 2022. CURRENT POCKET CTR. (D22) AND MAG. HOME SENSOR NOT MATCH. PLS CHK CTR SENSOR & DATA TABLE D22. AFTER CHK, PERFORM TL-TAB REGULATE.

What does this mean? It is equipped with a Fanuc 18i-MB control.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

please check the relay of the ATC actuator in the electric cabinet.it seems that the relay get stucked and the motor is rotating all the time.

Thanks for the help. I checked the relays, and you were correct. A bank of 4 relays that control the tool magazine were wet. Some how oil and moisture got into them. I removed them and cleaned them. The problem now is that my tools are off. I still have alarm 2022 as listed in my original post. I must figure out how to correct this. Thank you for your help.

I have alarm no. 2022. CURRENT POCKET CTR. (D22) AND MAG. HOME SENSOR NOT MATCH. PLS CHK CTR SENSOR & DATA TABLE D22. AFTER CHK, PERFORM TL-TAB REGULATE.

because of your continue rotating of atc ,now the number of the pocket in change position is not the same with what machine knows should be.in this situations ,normally,manufacturer have a special procedure for make zero position of the atc .i met machines that had M84 and M86 that initialize the tool data table with the pockets ,also try to put the switch to zero return mode and press the clockwise button of the magazine that you have on the operator panel.normaly ATC should perform a zero return of the tool carousel and find the pocket no.1 from where will start to count.My point is for this alarm you should have a standar procedure given by manufacturer in the book.ALso look in SYSTEM-PMCPRM-DATA-G.DATA and find D22 .Also you can check the sensor for home position if reads when a pocket pass by,should go green/yellow,maybe sensor is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake75 View Post
    Thanks for the help. I checked the relays, and you were correct. A bank of 4 relays that control the tool magazine were wet. Some how oil and moisture got into them. I removed them and cleaned them. The problem now is that my tools are off. I still have alarm 2022 as listed in my original post. I must figure out how to correct this. Thank you for your help.
    Drake75,
    I am having the exact same problem with my Hardinge/Bridgeport as well.
    did you ever resolve your issue? If so, how did you correct the tool pockets being out of sync?