587,172 active members*
3,451 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas VF1 Tool Changer Problem

Haas VF1 Tool Changer Problem

The problem I am having is that the tool changer will come in and operate properly w/o a tool in the spindle. When a tool is in it and tries to do a tool change it will alarm out. Limit switches ok, the problem I see is that with the tool in, the arm that rotates on the motor will not go up. Is it time to replace the clutch? Or is there a way to clean it?

Why are you posting the same problem again? Have you fully done what was mentioned in the other thread, which is just a few threads below?

You must give exact details and then follow instructions. There is only one arm you can see without removing covers and that is the arm that moves the shuttle in and out, not the one that rotates the turret. Again, give exact details step by step of what happens. There is no magic button to push that will fix your problem. A video would be great too.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Yes, the arm that moves the shuttle in and out. The other problem was for my dads machine, Limit switch was the problem. I did not say the turret.

The arm that moves the shuttle in and out will not change in any way just because there is a tool in the spindle. Does not make a bit of difference, they are separate mechanisms.

There is a non-adjustable clutch on that arm where it attaches to the motor, but usually it is just the set screw that loosens up. Had to get to, but you can.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28