587,784 active members*
2,385 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > HAAS Mill G68 Not Defined Problem

Question HAAS Mill G68 Not Defined Problem

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me what I am missing that is causing the following problem.
    I am attempting to engrave on the lip of a finished part along an arc. I thought the best way to accomplish this was with the G68 with R7. ( I need each letter about 7 degrees apart). I have it set up to rotate in the x-y axis. The first letter goes on fine, then I get a error saying Undefined G code as soon as it hits the first line with G68 on it as I attemp to rotate the axis before I do the second letter. If I remember correctly it is error 330. My books give me no more information than I get on the screen. I tried turning rotation offset for G68 on in Settings. This made no difference. The default offset is shown as 0.0 and it will not let me change it with the offset setting turned on or off. I can engrave in a straight line at any angle with out a problem. My book for this HAAS also says I can not use G91 with the ingraving G code, so I have not tried that yet.
    I have probably forgotten something really simple and basic. I also forgot to bring a copy of the code home or I would have posted it here to help figure out what I have missed.
    Thanks
    Arlen

What you might have missed is that G68 Rotation and Scaling is an option you have to buy.

Thanks for the response. When G68 did not work as expected I asked in the shop to see if Rotation and Scaling had been purchased with the machine and was assured it had been. Is there a quick way to verify if it is installed or not, other than the fact that G68 gives an undefined code error? I suspect I will be on the phone wth our vendor in the morning. It would not be the first time a requested option got lost in the purchasing process.
    Thanks in advance.

On a Fanuc you also need to tell it where the rotation point is at.
    G68X_____Y______R7.

Quote Originally Posted by arlenw
    Thanks for the response. When G68 did not work as expected I asked in the shop to see if Rotation and Scaling had been purchased with the machine and was assured it had been. Is there a quick way to verify if it is installed or not, other than the fact that G68 gives an undefined code error? I suspect I will be on the phone wth our vendor in the morning. It would not be the first time a requested option got lost in the purchasing process.
    Thanks in advance.

Go to Parameters and you will find an entry for Rotation or Rotation and Scaling, I cannot remember if they are together. If you have it there will be a 1 beside it but if there is a 0 you do not have it. If there is a T beside a 0 you can type in 1 from the keypad and press Write and you will have it for a 200 hour trial. You might have to unlock parameters on the settings page, setting 7 I think and push E stop to enter the 1.