587,375 active members*
3,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Good price on Renishaw product?

Good price on Renishaw product?

I have finally been authorized to purchase a Renishaw probing system, at a reasonable price, for the CNC mill on our shop floor. I became familiar with Renishaw products quite extensively at my previous employer and am very familiar with their product line, although I haven’t worked with one in over a year.
    At my previous company we had someone direct from Renishaw come out and install the probe and train our staff on its correct use. They did a good job, but were way too expensive. (According to my distributor, Renishaw will have a new product catalog at IMTS this year, so prices will go up). As a result, we went with one of Renishaw’s competitors and were very dissatisfied with it (in fact we paid Renishaw to come in and install their product and remove the competitor’s product)
    I called my distributor and Renishaw directly and can’t get quoted a price that falls within my budget. Are there any 3rd party contractors who can install and train our staff on Renishaw products?

We just bought a $1,000,000 Toyoda HMC. Renishaw had a third party come and install the hardware and software. I will see if I can get the name of the outfit.

Ask your distributor if there is anyone who does this, machine tool distributors are notoriously frugal.

About 2 years ago I had an MP60 (?) installed on my OKK mill. My distributer used a 3rd party company to install the product and train us on the probe’s correct use. We had a HORRIBLE experience with him when it came to training and even more horrible when it came to support. After a lot of hassle we ended up having someone direct from Renishaw come out and train our staff correctly,. I don’t remember the name of the company, but I do remember he was based in Rockford, IL.

Does anybody know where I can purchase Renishaw product 2nd hand?

Quote Originally Posted by dkas65 View Post
    I don’t remember the name of the company, but I do remember he was based in Rockford, IL.

Last Summer we had a laser tool setter installed. Our Distributor used the same company based out of Rockford, IL. We also had a lot of problems with him and won't use him again.

I have his contact info, if you need it! avoid the headaches at all costs!

Quote Originally Posted by wilton126 View Post
    I have finally been authorized to purchase a Renishaw probing system, at a reasonable price, for the CNC mill on our shop floor. I became familiar with Renishaw products quite extensively at my previous employer and am very familiar with their product line, although I haven’t worked with one in over a year.
    At my previous company we had someone direct from Renishaw come out and install the probe and train our staff on its correct use. They did a good job, but were way too expensive. (According to my distributor, Renishaw will have a new product catalog at IMTS this year, so prices will go up). As a result, we went with one of Renishaw’s competitors and were very dissatisfied with it (in fact we paid Renishaw to come in and install their product and remove the competitor’s product)
    I called my distributor and Renishaw directly and can’t get quoted a price that falls within my budget. Are there any 3rd party contractors who can install and train our staff on Renishaw products?
    where are you located at?

Quote Originally Posted by renrepjnr View Post
    where are you located at?

I work at a small company located near Peoria, IL

Our distributor was able to find a 3rd party to install and train that fit within our budget!

I’m not sure of the name of the company, but they are a new company based near Chicago, IL.

They are coming to our facility after Memorial Day

Quote Originally Posted by wilton126 View Post
    Our distributor was able to find a 3rd party to install and train that fit within our budget!

I’m not sure of the name of the company, but they are a new company based near Chicago, IL.

They are coming to our facility after Memorial Day
    sounds like you are all set now... if things don't work out post again and i will be able to help you.