587,493 active members*
3,301 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post GE FANUC 160M problem

When machine is put ON, "Loading Basic to DRAM" appears then screen goes off.

In Main CPU, A16B 3200 0190, Status (Green) LED 1,3,4 ON & Alarm (Red) 2 LED ON & as per the manual, Status indication in power on routine indicates "Waiting for other CPU answer"

In MMC IV, A16B - 2203 - 0180, Alarm LED 3 ON & we dont have details pertaining to this.

Following action taken to counter the problem :

1. CNC Power supply, MMC PCB with Hard disk & Main CPU of the subject machine fitted on another similar machine and found to be ok.

2. Interconnecting cable between MMC & Main CPU interchanged.

3. To isolate problem with I/O, I/O link cable JD1A disconnected from Main CPU and switched ON, still same problem

4. 24 V DC on rear side of LCD found to be quite alright (ie. 23.9V & not dropping during power ON)

5. "FROM" initialized and reloaded System data & SRAM data from another similar machine.

6. Connectors viz JS1 -4, JF21-24, JA7A, JD1A, JD 5A & JA2 on Main CPU removed and switched ON.

7. Similarly connectors on MMC IV detached & switched ON

8. Back panel cleaned and fitted back.

Please suggest to solve the problem....

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Ranjan Kumar Rana

Why not call a Fanuc service engineer?

reload the basic software once again and check

Pl confirm the system confrigaration ,is there any optional board is (optional 1,2,3 ) is used as u said that the cnc is waiting for the other cpu to get ready ,I think optional board may not be ready. pl specifiy the machine details .

cncrepairs