587,226 active members*
3,200 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Freelance Programmer

Im looking for some one to do me some programming.
    Mainly for Fanuc OM and OT controls.
    Nothing to hard or complex as yet but being a one man band it doesnt leave me much time to do paperwork and machine running so if anyones interested then drop me a pm with your hourly rate.
    I will supply all drawings by email along with how the job will be set up and also the tooling being used and then leave the rest to you.
    I will also need a cad drawing as well as a program for some jobs as these will be emaild as a sketch so prices for this will also be needed if possible or a an all in one price.

j

Programming

Send me what you got I'll take a look and let you know!

[email protected]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atscnc View Post
    Send me what you got I'll take a look and let you know!

[email protected]

Thanks

Im looking for quotes on hourly rates so wont be handing anything out until quotes are in.

Thanks to everyone who has so far given me quotes.
    I will let this run for a few days before handing out the work to one lucky person.

thanks

you'd be better off quoting per job , going by the hourly rate will probably work out to your disadvantage , most decent programmers will know roughly how long a job will take and they will base the cost on that , if they run into problems due to a multitude of reasons they will have to eat that cost and not you , its more stability that way for you , you can base your quotes upon actual costs rather than finding out you chose the wrong programmer and they ate up all of your profit because of their incompetence or what have you

ive got a day job and am not interestest in programming but i figured i'd toss out some food for thought
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Hi,
    I would love a chance at this opertunity.

I agree with derstap. Also do not base your decision on price alone. One guy might charge 2 times as much but work 3 times as fast. Also some guys are married to programming software, when with simple parts, cut and paste is much faster. I would "test" a few guys to begin with on your first few jobs. Like
    the previous poster said ask for a fixed price, not hourly. Maybe someone would
    quote so much per page or something like that. Just my 2 cents.

Freelance Programer

Is this still open?

Sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner but iv been very busy here.
    Many thanks for all where interested in this position as iv had a very large amount of PM's from people.
    I have tried to answer them all but i havent got enough time to do so, so i have pm'd the people who are on the short list and sorry to those who i havent been in touch with.
    This is either to the fact your price is to high which we cant afford to go to with the amount of programs to be done or the offer of programming one machine just isnt what where looking for as we would rather work with one person and send the drawings to them in one simple go rather than having to spend the time splitting everything up which we just dont have the time for.

I would rather have a price per program and drawing on these but was just asking what the hourly rates where from people to make it easier to eliminate the ones whos price we couldnt go to sorry.

I will leave this position for a few more days and then make my decision based on the replies we get back.

many thanks

Position now closed thanks.
    Will take a look at everyones quotes and offers and get back to the lucky person who i decide to use.

thanks