587,394 active members*
3,698 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Question Fanuc Series 10

Takisawa TC-2 Lathe Machine Fanuc Series 10 system
    The problem I am having is control power not coming on. When I attempt to cycle the power on, the input unit alarms. I have verifed all related fuses are good and that I have to 240vac to the input unit but nothing out. The PIL LED stays green. Not sure if that means I have a bad input unit or that it is alarming for some other reason. The only inputs being used for this unit are the AC input (S&R) and EON and EOFF. I have 240vac at S&R and 22 VDC at EON and EOFF but nothing out. But after getting a fax of the Series 10 power and inputs units schematics, I noticed that PB and PA stay open (RY11). I disconnected the power unit from the master board and the condition stayed the same. I then disconnected CP15 and again the condition did not change. This seems to point to the power unit (POWER UNIT: A16-1210-0510-01), do you agree? Any help you can give me would be much appreciated, thanks.

Control panel part # HR56005-001
    Base board: Fanuc System 0 A026B-0083-B501
    INPUT UNIT: A14B-0076-B00 1 01
    POWER UNIT: A16-1210-0510-01
    GRAPHIC MPG BOARD: A16B-1210-0800
    I/O BOARD: A16B-1210-0820

The input unit is usually the monitor of faults and will not allow the control power on to troubleshoot, but I have used this method in the past on that input unit A14B-0076-B00
    Some input units also have a door interlock that is sometimes wired to the Main cabinet disconnect interlock, so if this is open it won't allow the control power to come on.
    On this unit I have also jumpered out the alarm relay contacts to allow the control to come on so that further trouble shooting can be done.
    There are two pins that are labeled P1 & P2 that are the Alarm relay contacts , this usually brings in RY1 and allows further trouble shooting, also test all the power supply unit voltages, usually there is a set of pins on the main board next to the power supply for checking.
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thank you for the feedback! The input unit has the door interlocks jumped together on the board. WHile troubleshooting this problem, I jumped PA and PB together and that eliminates the red alarm LED coming on but I believe I still do not have and 240 vac at the power supply. I will confirm by checking the pins you mentioned on the main board next to the power supply. Thank you again, any addition insight you or anybody else can give to help me resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, looks like the power unit is bad. I appreciate the feedback! :cheers:

Question Control power resolved but............

OK, moving at typical goverment pace I finally recieved a replacement power unit and this resolved my no control power problem but now I have another. I am now getting a 400 Servo overload alarm. What's wierd is everything seems to check out. The alarm happens instantly when control power is cycled on. Any ideas?

The 400 alarm is Overload signal, and can be caused by detection of overheating of the servo motor or amplifier, if the machine has just started up then obviously it has not had chance to warm up. So it may be the temp. sensor or the OH line back from the motor feedback cable.
    Al.

Albert E.

Thanks for the feedback.............. Unfortuntly Ihave to little to no referencing information to go by........Is the temp sensor located in the servo motor itself or the drive.

The temp sensor embeded near the motor winding and two wires are connected through the encoder plug, if you take the end cover off of the motor you can usually identify the wires, You may have DC or AC servos on the machine also there was several different type of amplifiers and sensors used on this model, some have a temp sensor embedded in the servo transformer, it is helfull to get the Fanuc Maintenence manual as well as the machine prints from the machine tool builder.
    Al.

Albert E.

Thanks, with no referencing information, I'll start tearing into the servo motors and see what I've got. Could unusually cold weather cause this (it's freezing in the shop right now)?
    If anybody has any technicial information for a Takisawa TC-2 Lathe Machine Fanuc Series 10 system, please let me know. Thanks

Also, I am reposting to clarify my problem.................
    I am getting a “ 400 Servo overload alarm” and t have little to no referencing information. Everything seems to be checking out but with out any information, I'm kind of searching in the dark. The alarm happens instantly when control power is cycled on. Does anybody have any technciacl information available, any suggestions or ideas?

Control panel part # HR56005-001
    Base board: Fanuc System 0 A026B-0083-B501
    INPUT UNIT: A14B-0076-B00 1 01
    POWER UNIT: A16B-1210-0510-01
    GRAPHIC MPG BOARD: A16B-1210-0800
    I/O BOARD: A16B-1210-0820
    Servo A20B-1000-0220

Are you sure that is a Fanuc 10 as that main board # does not jive with the 10 Manual, also Servo alarm 400 is used on the 0, the servo alarm on the 10 is usually a SV23.
    Because servo alarms can be diagnosed also by looking at the diagnostic word for each axis, each bit represents a fault.
    Al.

Albert E.

???

The problem cleared and I can not get it to duplicate, unfortunately I do not know why and can not list a corrective action. I was told it was system 10 but now suspect that it is a system 0, how can I confirm?

All the info I have show a different main board number for the 10 also you should have a large 7 segment diagnostic display digit on the main board that displays 0-F, which the 0 does not have.
    I would confirm for sure what you have before you order manuals etc. also the Keyboard/CRT unit usually has the Fanuc series number on it.
    Al.

Albert E.

System 0

Looks like it's a System 0, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kayleesdad
    Looks like it's a System 0, thanks.
    You just wanted to give us an extra challenge (chair)

Al

Albert E.

Talking Thanks

LOL! Thanks for the feedback, I love this site! :cheers:

Does anybody have any Series 0 technical information they can fax me?!? My favorite lathe is down yet again and again for a different problem. It was running fine Friday but wouldn't start today. I am in the blind with this machine with little to no referencing information. The spindle will not come on in midi or when executed through thru program. The "?" lights up when the spindle is supposed to come on.

I may be able to send you something later this PM as I am not at the location right now, I have to pick the CD up.
    Al.

Albert E.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It is acting like the machine does not know if the chuck is open or closed. I don't have any technical referencing information to see if there is a switch there and if it is made. The machine is a Takisawa TC-2 Lathe Machine, any ideas.

Page 1 of 2 12