587,125 active members*
5,156 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc 11 lathe g-code

1st line in lathe program is %05919(12732353P01)

then G0G20G40G97G99

then
    #2702=14.024
    #2802=-8.69
    #2705=16.13
    #2805=-12.81
    #2905=0.31
    #2305=3

what are the # lines are they tool offsets? or variables?

rest of program looks ok

I need to learn how to set up part zero and tools if anyone would care to explain it would be appreciated

Yes, they are Variables. Does your machine have an offset button? If so, page to the geometry offset, position your tool to where you want to call zero, then type, MZ0.
    and press input. For "X", take a skim cut, move your turret back in "Z" without moving it in "X", stop the spindle, mic your diameter, example - it mic's 1.240".... type in MX1.240 then press input. If this gives you an alarm, look for a measure button under the CRT (screen) if this is the case, using the same proceedure above EXCEPT, for "Z" type Z0. then press the measure button under the crt.....same for "X". Some machine builders have yet another button on the control pannel for measuring part zero. If this is the case, you will see something like PSM & PST. As each builder is a little different, I would need to know who made the machine, does it have a tool pre setter, & a photo of the operators pannel would get the job done.

Good luck :cheers:

mori-seki. thank you for the help I will try.

still trying to get my tools and part zero setup. I have a mori seiki 4sl lathe apparently setup for x is bakwards to what I expect. when the tool travels towards the center this is a positive move, so I will have to enter a negative number for the center of the part to be zero?? I took a small cut on a shaft and the measured diamater is 2.244 inch. I need to enter -2.244 for the center to be zero is that correct?