587,501 active members*
2,877 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

fagor 8025-ms controller problem

this is my first post on this site i have a millport 3 axis machine with the 4 and 5 axis added on my problem is when machine is tuned all the servo motors turn on except for the x axis when manually jogging the x axis will kick out and give a 070 code for x axis following error motor was just rebuilt swapped cable from the y axis so cable seems to be good when the x servo does turn i can jog back and forth 4 or 5 times and will kick out again i am a newbie to cnc thing machine was bought to port cylinder heads any help would be greatly appreciated called fagor they seem to have no idea what im talking about

It is often caused by axis loading, friction etc, try removing the motor from the load and trying it again.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

thanks for the reply i will try that im not actually cutting anything just jogging the motor manually on 50% speed i removed the top of the 8025 controller thinking was just dirty and to lightly blow out and onthe circuit board there is a green led light when servo is active after jogging back and forth the light will go red and servo will shut off light that comes on is under sur there is 3 other lights must be some kind of touble code for circuit board

So, you can only move the X axis at 50 % in jog?

no i can manually jog at any feed rate but i think the problem is in the drive circuit board i took the wires for the x axis and plugged them into the board controlling the y and evrything worked fine so i sent the board back to servo dynamics to look at would like to have spare used board model #sdfpd1525-17-172 serial 121959 description is fet off line module if anyone has a stray they would like to sell