Hi all, almost there after a little over a year, and I must say wow! what a learning curve. Thanks to everyone on here, there is not a chance I could have done this without your help,
After reading this from ess instruction manual ( warp 9 )I am a bit confused, The mounting hole that is in the upper right corner (next to the 5V power input) is grounded
to the shield of the Ethernet jack. The other 3 mounting holes are not connected to
anything. If you use a shielded Ethernet cable, the shield will be connected to the chassis if
you use a metal standoff that connects to the chassis. It’s hard to say whether that is good
or bad since it may or may not be connected to Earth ground on the PC side. It is best to
ground a shielded cable at one end only.

So do I connect the shield to the chassis near the ess, or at the mounting hole in the upper right hand corner, or do not connect? My mother board is inside my electrical enclosure
I was assuming that the Ethernet plug on the m/b is earthed to the chassis with standoffs I have used to mount it.

I hope this is not to confusing, cheers.