587,513 active members*
2,811 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Engraving Letters

Hybrid View

Engraving Letters

Hi all,
    Been busy finishing putting my machine together as of late. I'm going to cut some plates for plug jacks that I would like to engrave with text and cannot seem to get bobcad v27 to engrave single line fonts ( bobcad font ) leaves the "E" looking like [ and misses the one leg on an " A " missing. I have looked every where and seems like a problem that has never got an answer????????. I was planning on doing lots of engraving with this software but mayby that's not going to happen!!

Thanks, Dave

Re: Engraving Letters

Works here,,,,,please upload a .zip of a .bbcd file

Also what build are you on,,,,go to Help/About Bobcad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A  E.JPG  

What font did you use, seems to work with "bobcad default" but that's it, Build 1547. Bobcad default is terrible as fonts go!!!.

I've noticed this too with some fonts (not all). What I've had to do isexplode the text into to lines and arcs and use utility cleanup and optimize, then re-select the geometry and it usually does the trick. When doing this, pay close attention as I've seen double lines in some places which causes issue.

Hope this helps
    hk

Thanks got it to work, exploding and optimizing and checking for dbl lines......... now with that said when are they going to fix the other fonts like the "helv" ??????

Thanks, Dave ( it's rediculus to have to do it this way!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dvprice View Post
    Thanks got it to work, exploding and optimizing and checking for dbl lines......... now with that said when are they going to fix the other fonts like the "helv" ??????

Thanks, Dave ( it's rediculus to have to do it this way!!!)
    If you want Help,,you have to be more specific and Always a problem file uploaded is best.You come on here complaining "again" and your information was not quite right (you said Bobcad Stick Font) well it just so happens Bobcad stick font "Default" is what logically one would assume you meant???So when you have a problem in the future PLEASE be specific and upload a problem file.This will get your problem fixed faster and not waste others time.With the exception of Al,,none of us work for BoBCAD.BUT, we all need to have BoBCAD work for us.
    It is true that Exploding works on the E for the BoBCAD HELV FONT,,,here's another way.
    Not to say BoBCAD doesn't has flaws,,but some some very "Basic" skills would of solved this problem faster than you could of typed your question.
    You notice in the video my 2nd choice was to vectorize.Then I did an entity count.There was the first clue that there was a double entity somewhere.Just like if you have a double line,it can cause fits with the CAM.Yeah BoBCAD is at fault,so what ? This is very basic CAD skills here to fix it.At the end of the day,we need the part.With experience,you would breeze by this.If I came across an error like this,I would report it to BoB,so in the future they can fix it. Software Issue Report & Feature Requests | CAD/CAM | BobCAD-CAM | BobCAD-CAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGSr...ature=youtu.be

I did say "single line " bobcad fonts!! only one works with out walkarounds that I do know now.. I should not have even come here for such a problem. Not my fault

JR you are kidding me right?? ( one font works out of like 30 )

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    If you want Help,,you have to be more specific and Always a problem file uploaded is best.You come on here complaining "again" and your information was not quite right (you said Bobcad Stick Font) well it just so happens Bobcad stick font "Default" is what logically one would assume you meant???So when you have a problem in the future PLEASE be specific and upload a problem file.This will get your problem fixed faster and not waste others time.With the exception of Al,,none of us work for BoBCAD.BUT, we all need to have BoBCAD work for us.
    It is true that Exploding works on the E for the BoBCAD HELV FONT,,,here's another way.
    Not to say BoBCAD doesn't has flaws,,but some some very "Basic" skills would of solved this problem faster than you could of typed your question.
    You notice in the video my 2nd choice was to vectorize.Then I did an entity count.There was the first clue that there was a double entity somewhere.Just like if you have a double line,it can cause fits with the CAM.Yeah BoBCAD is at fault,so what ? This is very basic CAD skills here to fix it.At the end of the day,we need the part.With experience,you would breeze by this.If I came across an error like this,I would report it to BoB,so in the future they can fix it. Software Issue Report & Feature Requests | CAD/CAM | BobCAD-CAM | BobCAD-CAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGSr...ature=youtu.be

BobCad does need some work in the PREFERENCES/ DEFAULT/ DIMENSIONS/ FAUNTdropdown window (bobcad helv cant be found).

The ones I have checked work for me.I have not checked them all,,of course.That would take a considerable amount of time.But as long as mine work,I am happy.

You know what to do if you want help.

Google CamBam Stick Fonts for some additional single line engraving fonts, you'll need to tidy up/remove doubles as they're true type fonts with hidden double lines but some of them are fairly handy,

- Nick