587,380 active members*
4,139 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

E-Chain SUggestions

I am going to attach some pictures of my router and solicit advice as to how to hang the energy chain.

Any opinions would be appreaciated. They Y Axix was pretty easy as you can see in the pictures, but the X is giving me a spot of trouble. I also need to incorporate the E-Stop wires in there too.

David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1416.jpg   100_1417.jpg   100_1428.jpg   100_1427.jpg  

100_1418.jpg  

Mount a shelf on the legs along one side of the machine below the R&P drive. The shelf could be another piece of extrusion or something a lot less expensive like a piece of pine or poplar board painted silver. For the board, use metal "L" brackets to attach it to the legs.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

David,

How large is the cutting surface on your CNC, inside dimensions? Very nice build, I like the table and hold down design.

Adam,

Adam_m, this appears to be an FLA-200, nominally 2 x 4. Probably get around 25" x 49"+ of actual cutting area.

crash - I've slid some 5" carriage bolts on the bottom T slot to support it. I'm attaching some lightweight aluminum angle. I started with a couple of wood slats drilled out for the bolt, but I think just drilling a couple of holes in the aluminum and tie-wrapping the angle to the bolt is going to work nicely.

I can't do what you are doing on my Y because I have the FLA-300 4 x 4 and the R&P drive is using the space. I can run the same carriage bolt idea off the back of the Y beam though.

Quote Originally Posted by brtech View Post
    Adam_m, this appears to be an FLA-200, nominally 2 x 4. Probably get around 25" x 49"+ of actual cutting area.
    Thanks brtech, now that I look closer it does appear to be half the width of yours.

Adam,

I think

I am going to get some alum. channel and weld some L brackets on it so it will fit into the T-Sllots on the legs. Then lay the chain in there.

David

E-Chain

Quote Originally Posted by adam_m View Post
    David,

How large is the cutting surface on your CNC, inside dimensions? Very nice build, I like the table and hold down design.

Adam,
    Thank You Adam..

Quote Originally Posted by crash5050 View Post
    I am going to get some alum. channel and weld some L brackets on it so it will fit into the T-Sllots on the legs. Then lay the chain in there.

David
    That will work fine. I did something similar but used lower cost 3/4" steel angles since everything else on my machine is steel. It did add some weight though.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

David,

I like your cyclone. Did you build it yourself? If so, is it your own design or did you build from plans?

bob

Cyclone

I bought the cyclone from ebay, and I added the hoses and the dust vacumn

Here is a link to the cyclone on eBay (I think). He has two sizes, I bought the small one, the shipping was quick, well packaged and the quality of the cyclone was good. I have not had the time to get it attached but hopefully it will work as well as the Onida Dust Deputy I purchased some time ago just for the shop vac.

eastcaroga items - Get great deals on Crafts, Home Garden items on eBay.com!