587,418 active members*
3,591 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Knee Vertical Mills > Dyna 2400 Mill update NOT DIALUP FRIENDLY!
Page 12 of 12 2101112
    I am going to replace the switches because the ones that are on the machine run in a Normal Open configuration. That means the 5v only makes contact if the contacts touch.

I want to run mine in a Normal Closed config. That way if a wire breaks or becomes compromised then the loop will be broken and stop the machine.

My tools should be arriving today so I will have lots of work to do putting it all back together as I broke it down to keep the components safe for the move.

AC
    AC
    Has anyone seen my pillow?

Well I got the machines moved into there new locations and have even made some parts. The mill and lathe both seem to have made the move ok.

I really need to get a coolant pump setup for the mill now as babysitting the machine while cutting aluminum is getting old.

Any ideas?

AC
    AC
    Has anyone seen my pillow?

Build a big tank and fill the whole mess with a dielectric lubicant and submerge the whole mill! Radical ideas.... I got plenty On a more practicle note I've been pretty happy with my cool mist setup on my large mill.

Quote Originally Posted by Gausswave View Post
    Build a big tank and fill the whole mess with a dielectric lubicant and submerge the whole mill! Radical ideas.... I got plenty On a more practicle note I've been pretty happy with my cool mist setup on my large mill.
    Wow ! ! !
    While your at it you could convert it to a Mill/Sinker EDM System.:idea: (Really Radical !)
    What do you think Alex?

Sorry I haven't posted for so long but I have just been so busy. My Mill is working fine. I blew 1 axis on my Xylotex board so I had to find the bad chip and remove it so I can use it as a 3 axis board. The Xylotex boards wont work unless the bad chip is removed. Other than that the Machine works great. I installed dampers that I designed on my Steppers and that increased all of my axis speeds dramatically. I also made an enclosure for the Machine and installed a Coolant Mist System and a vacuum mount.(Note: I have no static issues with the vac.)
    I still want to install the fourth axis at some point.

Thats about it for now.

Cheers all !!!

Hi, I have a machine myte dyna 2400, but has a problem, when I pass the control reference machine says "backlash x too big", as the manual says I have reviewed the limit switches and connectors pogo, but the error continues and no I can operate the machine. What is the problem? is the spindle nut maybe?. Thank you very much for your help.

Adjust Backlash

The backlash can be adjusted on these things, I think it is a 5 or 6mm hex to the left of the centerline of x or y axis leadscrew. Do yourself a favor and toss out the motors, controller and connections, and go with a retrofit setup, programming those old boxes is a royal pain, and very limited.

Geo

PS I may have a drawing if you can't figure out where the adjust is...

jetpig1 thank you very much for your answer, it is an old machine, but we want to repair our school ... but not all the damn machine works!. The controller did not want because it is an unconventional language in Europe, and we want to adapt ISO language. Try to gradually improve.

We will post some pictures

Good luck

If I can be of any help, let me know. I have some of the manuals on pdf, and I have drawings for several different adapter plates that I currently use.

Cheers,

Geo

ok, we're working on it, get some manuals on the web, the user and the service, but the assembly diagrams are not very clear. electrical connections are also very degraded. I really appreciate your help. Any help is little!

I really think it can be a great educational mill, it takes patience.

ok, we have the problem of backlash, there is indeed a screw horizontally just below the table next to the adjusting nut, the screw was bent and did not fit the nut. So we changed the screw and all is well.

Let's try to connect the milling machine to a PC with WinUnisoft and Mastercam, see what happens ...

Thanks for your support.

Hello, I have a question about my dyna ... how I can do the setup with Mastercam or other program? because the setup in Dyna programming is done within the program, I have understood. I think with Mach 3 if you can do, but other programs are not.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Dyna had a dongle and software that was necessary to load files. It does seem as though I have read of a person or 2 that has been able to drip feed a program but I could never figure it out. I never had the dongle or software.
    A lazy man does it twice.

well software to transfer files I think I have, but the main problem is to part zero without the need to program entry Dyna, I mean, how I can do from a normal PC using Mastercam, for example?

Thanks fastest1

Page 12 of 12 2101112