587,818 active members*
2,876 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DXF export from Corel - Text cutting

Is this the only way?! I export from corel as DXF V10, import into BobCad, and I have to select these tinyline/arc segments in the middle of each letter to move to layer 1!

Why are the line/arc segments broken? The font was converted to curves before exporting. This always works with vinyl cutters. A 3 Axis router is only 1 axis more than a vinyl cutter. So what, you're only changing the Z.

You have to cut the middle first, then cut the outside when cutting completely through. So, any text must be in 2 layers.
    Seems by default "Mach2" always cuts outside first. This will cause the font letter inside to rip out.

Ideas?

In corel you need to change the order that the objects are in. I use the trace tool and then seperate the seperate objects. After that you can put the objects in the right order for what to cut first. Other then that you may want to try double sided tape or something. I'm interested in how this works out for you, so make sure and update us if it works for you.
    Have a good one.
    Dave

this was discussed previously, well maybe not exactly but something similar. if you just need text to dxf check out ttf2dxf http://home.carolina.rr.com/gcodemcode/

hope this helps you out

OK, sorry about the delay. The way to do this is to convert text to curves. Select the innner parts and move to a new layer. Export out as DXF v10. Import into bobCad and select all then select the optimize feature. Save it. Load the DXF into Mach2, set your layer depts and speeds, generate G-Code and cut.