587,657 active members*
9,270 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Drawing help

Drawing help

Ive got a Mach3 g-code file. For the life of me I cant figure out how to draw it in dolphin cad. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
    Don
    Attached Files Attached Files

Don,
    Totally unfamiliar with Dolphin CAD and not real sure what you are trying to do. That said, G-Code files are not drawings, you can likely import it as a backplot of the machining operation and with some work create a drawing I guess.

Here is the file as a .dxf
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by dwacker View Post
    Ive got a Mach3 g-code file. For the life of me I cant figure out how to draw it in dolphin cad. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
    Don
    Don,

As said above. A G-Code file is a program file to run the machine and not a drawing. Therefore, it will not open as a drawing in dolphin. What exactly are you trying to do? I will be glad to help.

I'm aware that the g code is the code to run the cnc. I would like to redraw that part to different specifications but cant figure out how to draw the ramps on each of the wings.

Don

Here is a little better Idea of what I'm tying to achieve.

Don
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tflamge.jpg  

so if this is what it is now. I sent the file to your email. Then let me know what sizes you want things. And, just to double check you are looking over the program, you haven't purchased yet correct?

I can show you how to draw and machine the ramps. What I need to know is what depth they end and the length of them. Or I need to know the degree they decline and the length of them. Are they the same length as in the .dxf file that was created above? You should be able to open this in your dolphin demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad_Clark View Post
    I can show you how to draw and machine the ramps. What I need to know is what depth they end and the length of them. Or I need to know the degree they decline and the length of them. Are they the same length as in the .dxf file that was created above? You should be able to open this in your dolphin demo.
    The part would be 3/8 thick. The ramp would start at 0 and end at the full depth.

Thank You
    Don

Ok what we have to do is create them three profiles in Z and created the toolpath and g-code off them profiles. I am putting something together to get over to you and show you what I mean.

Ok what we have to do is create them three profiles in Z and created the toolpath and g-code off them profiles. I am putting something together to get over to you and show you what I mean.

Thank you, I'll watch for it.

Thanks
    Don

I did get Don over what was needed and Dolphin is going to work great for the application.

I did get Don over what was needed and Dolphin is going to work great for the application.
    Agreed it will work fine. Really happy to see how simple it was to figure it out, especially for someone with absolutely not cad or cam experience.

Thank you
    Don