586,060 active members*
4,328 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Difference of BOSS Machines

All,
    I look at my CNC and the "X" axis way covers are pictured in the attached photo named "mine". Then I see other machines that have the similar frame/architecture and they have way covers like the attached picture "others". I am trying to identify what my machine really is because I would like to see if I could find replacement way covers for the "X" and "Y" axis. Currently my machine has these hanging covers which just plain annoy me. See picture "current". Any assistance would be great!

Re: Difference of BOSS Machines

btcoutermash

All the machines in the photos have almost the same type as you have, only the series ll had way covers, I custom made some for this Boss series l machine
    Mactec54

Re: Difference of BOSS Machines

The first thing to understand is that the picture that you call "others" is a Bridgeport Series I machine, while the other machines are Bridgeport Series II machines. You are comparing apples to oranges. The Series II machine has a completely different table and ways than a Series I. I have examples of both machines. The picture you call "current" appears to have a custom way cover for the X axis. I believe the factory supplied the style pictured in the one you call "mine". The hanging way cover is standard on the Y axis of Series II machines. It looks as though somebody added a similar cover on the X axis.

You may be able to find some covers on eBay or Craig's list if you keep your eye out.
    "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900 - 1944)