587,468 active members*
3,012 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Descending peck drill

Descending peck drill

I would like to program an initial peck depth that is different than the rest of my peck depths, but my Peck Drill screen has all input options grayed out with the exception of Inital Peck. I read somewhere on here that if I wanted a different first peck depth than the initial peck that I could first select Custom Cycle, which will then allow editing of the other values, enter my intended values, then reselect Peck Drill option and it will gray out the options again yet all will be good.

Wrong. Example: even though I change the Initial Peck to 0.6 and the Subsequent Peck to 0.3, all pecks are 0.6.

Is there a way to setup what I am looking for?

Needs to be setup within your post. Canned cycles I believe.
    If the post is not set up to take the other variables then they are greyed out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

yes like BM150 stated it has to be setup in the post. what is the machine and what version of MC are you running. you are looking to have it output the IJ instead of a Q option?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I'm using X3 on a GR510. I'm not sure what output I'm looking for in terms of IJ or Q, I just want the option to be available and it to do what it is supposed to.

Are you saying I need to make edits within the post editor program or I can make changes to the canned cycles in the machine definition to enable the options I'm looking for?

Well both really. Machine deff changes will make the options open/UN greyed.
    But the post defines what they are called and what to do with variables.
    So id start with editing the post to open the variable then machine deff. Then back to the post to tell it what to do with the values.

As for nc code, I mainly use heidenhain so not much use to you.
    Good luck.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

This Haas post does both, if you go to do a peck drill if you but say .1 in the first window and 0 in the rest you will get a Q factor.
    But if you put say a value of 1.5x the dia in the first one and then fill in the subsquntial values below it will give the IJ option that you want.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Here is a sample of both setting of code from this post just by making the settings read as I stated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Drillcode sample.jpg  
    Cadcam

Cool, thanks. What is the K value?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Also, I wish there is a way that I can enter percentage of diameter values instead of actual depths. Is that possible?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2