587,426 active members*
4,581 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Avid CNC > Controlling flood relay with CNCrouterparts electronics?

Controlling flood relay with CNCrouterparts electronics?

I've got pre assembled electronics from cnc router parts. There are two relays for various features you may want to add. Relay one I can turn on and off in mach 3 using the flood button. I want this to turn on everytime I run a toolpath but I'm stuck figuring this out. Does this need written in the g code everytime? I'm using vcarve pro. I couldn't find any info on this in mach instructions or with vcarve support. I would imagine I'm just looking in the wrong place. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Post Re: Controlling flood relay with CNCrouterparts electronics?

Dan3676,

In order to automate the process Vcarve's post processor would require modification.

The attached Vectric Post Processor Guide is a good reference.

If you need hand holding the Vectric Forum would be the best place to get detailed instruction.

Vectric Forum ? View forum - Post Processors

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Re: Controlling flood relay with CNCrouterparts electronics?

Honestly as nice as Vectric software is, you should not have to modify the PP to use Flood or Mist coolant. There should be an on screen option. All of my other CAM products have that. I will add to that and say it is designed more for router use, so coolant isn't an issue for everyone. It has been for me in the past. Especially using Cut 3D.
    Lee

I'm actually using it to toggle dust collection on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that is a button they should have.
    Lee

To add my two sense i too agree that vectric aspire could make it much easier to add spindle on and off options, flood on and off options etc, they could also add under the job setup area a choice as the x and y orientation of the machine so that the user could say, my table's y is left and right and my x is long wise or my y is long wise and my x is left and right. They can add alot of options to make it better and i have no doubt that they will add these options one at a time to get people to keep upgrading versions so that they can keep receiving money from us over and over. However as of right now, if you want to have your g code generated automatically you have to edit the post P in an html editor and add it to the header and footer so that the post will add it to the gcode, its the post that gives direction on how to generate the gcode, either that or keep adding it manually to the code. As an example only, once you open up the .pp file, where it says begin header, it would look something like this to get your mist generated automatically.

begin HEADER
    "%"
    "G20 G40 G49 M6 T1"
    "G17"
    "G0[ZH]"
    "G0[XH][YH]"
    "M3"
    "M7"
    "G4 P3"

AND THEN FOR THE FOOTER TO SHUT IT OFF WOULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS

begin FOOTER

"G0[SAFEZ]"
    "M5"
    "M9
    "G0[XH][YH]"
    "M30"
    "%"

and that is it, edit your post, save it and replace the post in your app data folder / Post P folder where vectrics has all the different posts at.

Hope this helps

I have my dust control set up on the flood control relay. FWIW I learned ( in my case ) a good reason to start the vacuum manually. Do to a loose connection I had the spindle not start up. That one time I was jonny on the spot starting the vacuum so with that running you can not hear the whoosh of the spindle fan. Took a moment for me to figure out some thing was wrong and hit the stop button.

So now I make sure I hear the spindle, then start the vacuum. As it is, and with no extra set up the vacuum shuts off with the spindle.

[QUOTE=cstmwrks;1718616........I had the spindle not start up....[/QUOTE]

At home here in a non-production environment, I always make sure I have a 3 to 5 second dwell in the program AFTER the spindle starts and before any motion begins. This seems to always give me that "Oh Shoot !" moment to catch something I forgot, or in your case, make sure the thing actually starts.

For me, I set this dwell right in my control software for the output line, but it'd be easy enough to add it to the post with a traditional G04 X5.
    Chris L

Quote Originally Posted by datac View Post
    At home here in a non-production environment, I always make sure I have a 3 to 5 second dwell in the program AFTER the spindle starts and before any motion begins. This seems to always give me that "Oh Shoot !" moment to catch something I forgot, or in your case, make sure the thing actually starts.

For me, I set this dwell right in my control software for the output line, but it'd be easy enough to add it to the post with a traditional G04 X5.
    It would be easy enough to edit in a G4. I'll have to give it a try. Automation... so darned addicting. Clicking a mouse button, that is so stone age!