586,032 active members*
2,828 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chinese K40 laser "USB Key help"

Hello CNCzone users,

I want to start this message out with saying that I recently purchased a Chinese laser engraver and I am having some trouble using it. I am also completely new to the technology. Upon my countless hours of research on my problem CNCzone seems to be the only place i can find any real information about the laser, but i cant find any information on my particular problem. so i decided to join.

I purchased the CO2 laser engraver from a seller on eBay and they have been loosely communicating with me but they have also been less than helpful.

My problems started when i tried to install the software and they gave me a corrupted install, but i got past that and found the right install, and installed the "Corel draw 12" i also installed the plugin for corel draw "corel laser", and i installed the driver for corel laser.

I launched corel draw and entered my main board information and i entered my device id information, but when i hit "starting" to start the engraving process I receive the error to insert my USB key, and i do have my usb key inserted.

the USB key is a Lihuiyu Studio Labs 2014.12.15 B

the model of the motherboard is 6C6879-LASER-M2:6

When I go into the device manager the USB is showing up as an unknown device and im not sure if there is something that i have to do with the software to get the USB key and the USB id to be recognized.

So in a nutshell im wondering if there is anyone in CNCzone that can help me troubleshoot this problem.

Thank You for Your Time,

Re: Chinese K40 laser "USB Key help"

If you don't find help here go to lightobject.com and try their forum. I personally would recommend just getting the Lightobject DSP upgrade and software and throw the Lasercad and its crappy control board out.

Quote Originally Posted by brian257 View Post
    If you don't find help here go to lightobject.com and try their forum. I personally would recommend just getting the Lightobject DSP upgrade and software and throw the Lasercad and its crappy control board out.
    I have looked into the DSP upgrade on light object.com Ijust feel Leary spending that much money on upgrading something that's not working.

Leery about the upgrade cost is very understandable. less then helpful is seems to be the norm with these ebay guys (there are good exceptions though, i heard of them).

my first cutter was the cheapo K40 as well. i was reading about all the issues and complains about the stock Moshi solution and though "I'm surely much smarter then those people, i will make it work". as it turns out i'm not any smarter, It took one evening of utter frustration to realize that I can't use moshi for what i need and that the expencive DSP upgrade is unavoidable.
    perhaps you will have better suscess with this, i'm not sure how though. good luck!

Unfortunately, the control software that comes with the K40 is pretty much junk. The good part is that mechanically it is a decent laser and does a good job so overall after you do the DSP upgrade you have a very good laser for not a lot of money.

Yeah I've pretty much gave in Lol, and decided that between the software and the hardware, ones just as useless as the other, and I purchased the light object DX 7 upgrade package, and I'm gonna hopefully install it this weekend by the end of it I'm sure I'll have an awesome co2 laser.

usable, pretty adequate for some jobs, yes. will make parts
    but "awesome" or "very good" i'm afraid this machine is not going to be even with DSP.

while you at upgrading (or i would rather say adding nessesery parts for it to be usable) think about air assist - a must have. since you going to make new front panel for it (to house the DSP controller screen and buttons) consider getting digital mA meter, i don't think the stock analog will fit together with panel and it is a very good idea to have a way to monitor current through the tube