My Name is Lee I work for a Sign Company in New Zealand, We recently purchased an ATC CNC from China which has a Syntec 6MA control system, for the most part I have been extremely happy with our purchase, Although we have had a few minor teething issues most of which were reasonably easy to fix. I have been following the threads on the Chinese CNC's and the other syntec users. I thought perhaps I would share my experience for CNC Chinese purchasers and perhaps document my experience as well as help out others who are using the same control system. Perhaps also share video's for those who would like help with a function or like more of an explanation into what I have done.

A little background:

The Machine we purchased was a 3000mm x 15000mm ATC CNC with a 9KW HSD air cooled spindle, Yaskawa Servo's, Delta Inverter, THK rails, Helical rack, 8 Tool ATC rotary changer, Eisele speed reducer with the Syntec 6MA control system, Automatic Oiling System and 2x Becker 3.140 oiless vacuum pumps. There were many options we tried to choose the better of what was available wherever possible based on my research

First things first a list of small and basic problems and fixes

1 ~ Due to the size of the package that was delivers and the height of the machine the cover over the spindle was removed for transport. On refitting the cover I realised that the holes were slightly misaligned so that the cover rubbed when moving up and down, slotting a couple of the holes and using spring washers to secure it in position fixed this

2 ~ The left hand limit switch on the gantry was positioned a little low, about 2mm, enough so that intermitantly when going to do a tool change it would accidentally trip one of the limit switches and bring up an error on the controller

3 ~ when the unit traveled across to the ATC using the MDI input it did not come down to the correct height, meaning that the tool changer would move out to capture the tool and miss it on the bottom by about 10mm, this alignment is controlled by a parameter value the 2nd Z reference. By changing parameter 2803 from -129085 to -119085 this corrected the misalignment

4 ~ Because I had order the machine with 2 vacuum pumps instead of 1 it should have been wired for 2 pumps but was set up for on 1 as it was tested in the factory with their shop pump and not our new German pumps, which came still crated from Germany. On closer inspection the power handling for it was decided to be inefficient for the purpose so we change the wiring in the cabinet, swapping the single contactor for a relay and mounting 2 contactors in a separate box in the small room attached to the Router room that was set up to carry the dust extraction, vacuum pumps and compressor. This setup means the Chinese cabinet now works as a switch instead of directly switching the 3 phase high voltage supply.

5 ~ There were a couple of air leaks attached to the vacuum system where hoses were positioned on slight angles, less a design flaw more of a bit of careless assembly.

6 ~ The tool holders supplied were quite burred, really they looked good but they needed to be cleaned and lubed properly before we could use them.

7 ~ The automatic oiler had a leak at the container end and was dripping when used, a little thread tape fixed this.

8 ~ The automatic oiler had a distribution block with 4 taps to control the flow when pressurising the oil system, there was no documentation as to which tap controlled which area, we figured this out by process of elimination.

9 ~ The feed speed of the machine was restricted to 5000mm / min. No matter what speed was programmed in the G Code the machine would not cut faster than 5m/min. Again another parameter 405 controlled the maximum feed rate which restricted any program value. Changed this to 15000 which fixed this. Mainly was because I have a 55mm fly cutter for surfacing the spoil board and at 5m/min was taking ages.

10 ~ The rapid travel was also restricted Parameters 461 - 463 control the x, y and z rapid speeds respectively. I left the Z axis alone as speed on Z isn't really an issue

11 ~ Setup the network after a bit of fiddling and basically no documentation

12 ~ Managed to decipher the auto tool height setup with another parameter adjustment. Parameter 3411 controls the height of the auto tool touch to the table. Later I will explain the process possibly with a video if people are interested.

Now set up I can happily cut out ACM, Acrylic and I even skimmed some heavy plastic from an engineers shop that they wanted thinner, using my fly cutter cutting it down to 4.8mm from 6mm so all in all seems to be working.

Any questions I might be able to help with on the Syntec 6MA perhaps I we can share or if anyone has any tips or tricks I'm always keen to learn

Cheers
Lee