587,787 active members*
3,044 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 12 of 15 21011121314

Re: Chinese CNC Syntec 6MA my experience

Hey there gfacer2
    Thank you for replying again.
    I have been forced to try to learn this SYNTEC Stuff through a lot of studying and reverse engineering (crazy, but necessary without proper english support)

SO any Before and After MACROS or ladder files.. would be great.
    I would love to compare to mine. and to study what other machine "authors" might have written.

Please let us know what ATC setup you have, Syntec 6MB ? or 6MD ? etc...

My biggest desire is to be able to increase my conroller/PLC to be able to recognize, learn, and use more than 16 tools....
    I think I can teach it to learn positions of the tools just fine.. and I can modify my macro.. to call for the right positions.. but I still need to modify the ladder file...

Any notes or comments are in Chinease.. so google is my only help.

AND YOU GUYS OF COURSE...

Hey Mike DK...
    Thank you for your input...

M50 and M51 (i think).. are for ATC tool "Clamp" or Hold... and ATC tool "Unclamp" or Release...

These are built into the PLC it seems like.. as are M175/M176... there doesn't seem to be an actual Macro file.

Do you think a Custom M command such as for example M155 could be put into the PLC Ladder file, to simply activate an output... then a Relay could be used to turn on something like a dust collector.

I never found any info on the M175/M176.. but saw it in my tool change Macro... and sure enough, it was "real"..
    I tried it in my MDI and it worked the hood Up/Down...

mikeDK

I tried to go to the manual link.. but I only see 3 pages.. and can't seem to get past that..
    I also tried to hit the "green" down-arrow, thinking that might let me download it.. but that didn't work.

all characters are in english.
    Any idea how to download that manual?
    Or what broser to use that maybe shows english?
    I would love to get a copy of it...

THANKS

You should find your hood in the ladder. I really don't think it would be built in.

As a coincidence, the sample I chose to show the before and after is my dust collector. But my dust hood is similar.

I didn't do the whole ladder as 95% of it we need to pretty much leave alone. I just want to show an example of how to set up a m code if you have a button for something.

So my dust collector is on a relay connected to output 5 (actually a double relay as the supplied one was under sized). When I use the plc i/o chart and press the button you are modifying (F5 in my case). On the i/o chart it registered on i/o 5 (the output channel it physically uses) and i/o 89. So the key seems to be 89. Look for I89 in the ladder, it should have its own little section. Then, if it looks something like the attached, try modifying it to create a m code.

I have a similar pattern for the vacuum table (on my air blow button), my lamp button and my 2 coolant buttons. The last 3 are not connected to any relays but do light up the output lights on the syntec output board so they can easily used to add relays.

Then I have some buttons like F4 that aren't mapped to anything and some like F3 that are used but I'm not 100% sure how they work.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Frankmail - yes M50/51 are in the ladder too. the manual page you have to translate the page to english and in the bottom of the page it ask if want to read the rest of the document.
    you can make a M155 to work with your dust collector, you just need to find out if you have any spear output to do it.

Graham - that is also how I did my M8/M9, The way I did the spindle air cut off was using the VFD's output that goes on when the spindle is running and off when it's stops

I'm just checking with Mike and Graham,
    After you guys modified the ladder using the MLC editor software..
    did you copy it onto a USB and copy it into SYNTEC?
    did you use a special menu?

The Info you guys are posting is very helpful
    Thank you :wave:

I don't recall exactly but I basically used the restore function to replace one with the other. It was straightforward. I can look tomorrow when I'm at the machine.

On another note, took a look at my brothers ladder on his syntec ez3 controller. Way different... my ladder uses the MST style of programming and his uses the MSD style, which is discussed in those power point decks. The MST is easier to follow but I'm going to try to add a new m code and relay output for him in the MSD style because I don't know if you can mix and match them. If I succeed, I'll post a how to on it.

Hi all.
    Interesting reading, and thanks Syntec Lee for those great videos that started this thread off!
    I just had a Roctech RC1325SATC wired up a few weeks ago, and have been plugging away trying to figure out the Syntec 6MD controller. This thread has helped immensely, but I'm getting multiple alarms, not always but too often. I've attached a screen shot of them. Bloody annoying!
    If anyone can suggest whats going on or offer any suggestions, they would be much appreciated!
    Thanks Kindly!
    Attachment 375208

Did all those come up all at once?
    it seems like it thinks all axis went out of limits?
    do you have a rotary axis too?

I would think you had loose wiring or something.. maybe wacked programming inside syntec... not gcode...
    I don't know how all limits would be exceeded like this.

Quote Originally Posted by routerhead View Post
    Hi all.
    Interesting reading, and thanks Syntec Lee for those great videos that started this thread off!
    I just had a Roctech RC1325SATC wired up a few weeks ago, and have been plugging away trying to figure out the Syntec 6MD controller. This thread has helped immensely, but I'm getting multiple alarms, not always but too often. I've attached a screen shot of them. Bloody annoying!
    If anyone can suggest whats going on or offer any suggestions, they would be much appreciated!
    Thanks Kindly!
    Attachment 375208
    That's a lot of errors at once and not all related. Is it well grounded? I've had some of those but usually for a reason.

Might be some way too aggressive parameters on the speeds too.

I'd try and ask rotech about it too. Could be a bad servo something on the y axis.

Not a lot I can add, any typical condition that triggers them? Always all the same?

Hey Guys,
    When you look at your Ladder,
    Is there something in there that limits your tools to 8 , or 16, or whatever?
    I don't remember which one.. but I have a parameter that says it's for how many tools I can use..
    Mine is set at 16... and when I try to change it to 24, it wont work...
    at the bottom it say the acceptable range is "1 - 16"

ANY Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankmali17 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    When you look at your Ladder,
    Is there something in there that limits your tools to 8 , or 16, or whatever?
    I don't remember which one.. but I have a parameter that says it's for how many tools I can use..
    Mine is set at 16... and when I try to change it to 24, it wont work...
    at the bottom it say the acceptable range is "1 - 16"

ANY Ideas?
    Why do you want so many tools on the carousel/rack? Just buy more tool holders, set them up with a tool (write the offset on some tape on the tool holder) and then rack them on the side. Unless you plan to use more than 8 in a given program, I'd do it that way anyhow. Do you have space for 16 tools (enough clearance)?

Iv'e checked the ground and nope no rotary axis. It does seem like loose wiring though, but man its a very large confusing can of worms! Roctech support is trying to help but so far no joy. The errors come up out of the blue, sometimes one, sometimes a swack of them. It often results in a restart because I cant get any axis to move, even while holding the F3. Does anyone know if there is someone able to troubleshoot this stuff in the field, somewhere close to Vancouver BC? I'm in Peachland, so fairly close to Vancouver.
    Thank you all for your help!

Hey gfacer2,
    I did buy some extra tool holders... but we often do various machining/other operations...

I have room to add forks and have tools setup and ready to go.

I found that switching tools around is possible.. the problem is that you have to keep track in you CAD/CAM softwares, what is installed when, etc...
    and then you have to keep setting up and remeasuring tools in SYNTEC...

If I can set up extra forks, and have those tools already measured, why not...
    SYNTEC has 96 tool positions in can store measurements for...

we need at least 6 for our cabinets... and 4 for our dovetail drawers.. and a combination of other tools for making one piece doors...
    etc...

THANKS GUYS !

I have been looking over info we are all sharing.

BTW.. a few pages earlier, someone posted a long PDF that show a SYNTEC controller on the BENCH being hooked up to a keyboard, and then loading what I think is the CORE Syntec software--operating system.

Has anyone tried that?.. Upgrading the "firmware" would be good to resolve any glitches.. but My concern would be if it wiped out your setup you got from the original machine maker...

Routerhead,....
    I think Roctech is now selling through a dealer here in the US... hopefully he can help.

I learned that I am still glad I got the machine from ASIA.. because I got the servo, spindle, rails, etc.. I wanted...
    But they seem to rush things a LOT !!!!
    therefore the assembly workmanship leaves a lot to be desired.
    I had to redo my vacuum connections, electrical connections, etc....

And any dealer here... well... I guess you are going to find out how capable they really are.

- - - Updated - - -

ANY of you guys had any dealings with CENTROID?
    it's a CNC Controlls company...
    I'm considering getting a whole new control system...

offer your opinions please.

I had a Centroid on my last machine and really liked it. It's a similar feel to the syntec.

If I had to redo a machine I'd use it.

I'm in Langley. But I'd have bill you to come take a look or my wife would kill me. Pm me and I can help you troubleshoot first and see where that goes.

So I think I uploaded the ladder via via : System Admin - System settings - import (select cnc.lad).

And then restarted I think. So pretty easy. But it was a while ago.

CENTROID is a US based company that seems to do a lot of MILL CONVERSIONS.

What I didn't like about SYNTEC right away, is that it has a poor toolpath preview...
    The file names have to be short...
    The LACK of info from the Manufacturer of machine or SYNTEC themselves.. is very dissapointing.

It seems quite capable... but I have been studying it for a while... and it seems like it is continueing something started in DOS days.

Even the PLC stuff bounces back and forth, turning on S bits, then C bits, then A bits.. then and I bit, triggers another bit...
    Register 445... is really 245... stuff like this is just wacky.

I hope to either beat it at it's own game.. or replace it if I must.

How can Mach 3 or others like it .. be so much more adaptable and customizable... with more ease.. then supposedly an industrial controller...?

gfacer2,

So did you somehow Copy and Paste some of the ladder and then modify it for the [F5] button?

I had to painstackingly print page by page the PLC editor manual...

One of the problems.. is that the existing Ladder structure is very hard to understand, since there is very few notations...

Quote Originally Posted by Frankmali17 View Post
    gfacer2,

So did you somehow Copy and Paste some of the ladder and then modify it for the [F5] button?

I had to painstackingly print page by page the PLC editor manual...

One of the problems.. is that the existing Ladder structure is very hard to understand, since there is very few notations...
    I exported the ladder (same way just export) , and now I can open in the mcledit program.

Mine had actually quite a few headings which help.

As for Centroid it is also based on dos origins (mine was dos, then upgraded to Linux by me).

But Centroid does have some really good installers that can be contracted to troubleshoot and probably modify things. Otherwise I'm hesitant to say it's way better. Syntec seems solid enough. The preview in Centroid was only so so too though it was bigger. But better to preview in the cam software first if you need it.

I used the preview more as a file checker than anything else as it would alert you if you were outside the bounds of the machine.

Page 12 of 15 21011121314