587,490 active members*
5,828 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller Cards > cheap ebay controller and power supply questions.

cheap ebay controller and power supply questions.

I have one serious question and one curiosity question First the serious question.

I have three KL23H284-35-4B. I had previously made a controller using StepGenie IC's but of course didn't relies til after I got the new motors that my Unipoler controller could not be used on my new bipolar motors. So I am stuck with a mostly home made CNC router with no way to control it. I am considering getting three of the following controllers.
    Single AXIS CNC Stepper Stepping Motor Driver Board

Will these work for the motors I have. Yes I do know that Any thing from Gecko would be better but I don't have that kind of money. So please don't even mention it its not an option at this time. In the future yes now no. I am already over budget and had to sell my car stereo and amps to make up for the overage.

Now for the curiosity question. Can I use a separate power supply for each motor. I do PC repair on the side and have a ton of very functional but out dated PC power supplies ranging from 200W to 400W. I can make power supplies with no problem lots of experience with that but If I can reuse and recycle these dust collectors so much the better, and the quicker my machine will be done so I can make money and up grade my parts. Thanks for any help.

Hi Sir

You can return to us if you never use it, we will replace the 425 oz-in 8 wire motor for you. http://www.kelinginc.net/KL23H286-20-8B.pdf
    Email me at [email protected]

Thank you for the offer. I have decided to keep my present motors and try to sell some more stuff to be able to get the drivers.

Would you recommend the
    KL-4030 or KL-6050. I understand that the motors I have run best at 43 volts so I am leaning to the KL-6050 how ever the price of the KL-4030 is attractive but I am unsure of the 40 volt max. So what do you think?