587,372 active members*
3,523 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences?
Page 57 of 68 747555657585967
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1344
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiel View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I would like a link (Lovehappyshopping) if possible (I want to order) and another link from where can I get a complete set of colets ER20, waterpump and radiator.
    Thanks again.
    Love Happy 2.2KW Spindle:
    2.2KW WATER-COOLED SPINDLE MOTOR ENGRAVING MILL GRIND - eBay (item 230490523940 end time Apr-17-11 09:25:30 PDT)

Hitachi VFD:
    http://www.driveswarehouse.com/Drive...0-022NFU1.html

I didn't buy the VFD from love happy. Some people are having good success with them, and others are not. For a little more money though you can get the hitachi which works wonderfully. I have not purchased a full collet set either.

Here is a full water cooling system i found from MPJA: Its cheap and should work fine.
    MPJA, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiel View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I would like a link (Lovehappyshopping) if possible (I want to order)
    love-happyshopping items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

Seems like Love hs has got alot of the buisness.

Has anyone gotten the NEW 4KW AIR-COOLED SPINDLE MOTOR ENGRAVING MILL GRIND
    to try?

I'd like to see an ER25 collet rather then a ER20 seeing my ekstrom carlson spindle is ER25 and then the collets would be common. Although I suppose on the flip side it's probably better to keep collets with a spacific spindle so having separate sizes would cure that.

question is, is his inverter any good? if not I'd probably go with a micromaster setup from BILL BOWLING [email protected] As he sells an inverter which is good for 2 phase input up to 4hp or so in the micromaster line.

Also does anyone have a mounting/bolt pattern/measurement/cad for his 4kw air cooled spindle?..

And has anyone gotten one to see if it's any good?

Thanks.

b.

Well 4 KW is roughly 5.3 Hp so your gonna need a bit bigger VFD.

What do you mean 2 phase input? If you live in the USA you either have 3 phase industrial power or single phase residential power.

Quote Originally Posted by wcarrothers1 View Post

to try?

I'd like to see an ER25 collet rather then a ER20 seeing my ekstrom carlson spindle is ER25 and then the collets would be common. Although I suppose on the flip side it's probably better to keep collets with a spacific spindle so having separate sizes would cure that.

question is, is his inverter any good? if not I'd probably go with a micromaster setup from BILL BOWLING [email protected] As he sells an inverter which is good for 2 phase input up to 4hp or so in the micromaster line.

Also does anyone have a mounting/bolt pattern/measurement/cad for his 4kw air cooled spindle?..

Thanks.

b.

All my equipment is at home. Thus single phase input. Guess I wrote that wrong. I do have a rotary phase converter although that is for my CNC bridgeport. and I would rather run the biggest single phase VFD I can get instead of getting a more run of the mill 3 phase VFD which would require me to run my phase converter all the time the Router mill is going (seeing it goes longer hours)..

My ekstrom carlson is a smaller spindle then that which I'm using an automation direct VFD on. But they I think only go to 3hp or something like that from single phase. Micromaster's do support larger while still sucking from single phase power.

Also guessing with the efficiency it will be less then 5.3 actual HP.

In anycase anyone have the 4kw unit? Wondering what the bolt pattern is. His listing says the unit takes 3 or 2 phase input. But who knows if it would work as well in single phase mode.

b.

I've been angsting over getting a 2.2KW spindle too.

Summary of thread research:
    1. The generic inverters they sell with them are crap, prone to burning out or not working out of the box, and for only $255 you can get a tough Hitachi X200. That's not that much more for something top-end.
    2. 2.2KW cannot realistically be supplied by 110v, you'd need the 220V version of the spindle AND a 220v inverter, unless you want to be forever limited to ~1200W that you could reasonably pull out of a 110v outlet. Which may well be "enough", but still.
    3. The Hitachi X200 can run off single or 3-phase 220v.
    4. The ~$300 shipped Chinese spindles use CHEAP bearings for the job. The "Germany" thing is a lie, it's a Chinese company called "Germany Esky". They have nothing to do with Germany the country, they're cheap and sometimes fail. If they fail, it's possible to replace them, but good bearings are expensive. Then again, there's no good way for ANYONE to get high quality high speed bearings cheap, if the spindle had $500 of quality bearings, it WOULD cost $500 more, probably $1000 more.

Keling sells the 2.2KW spindle for $449 plus shipping. They claim NSK bearings, but without a third party disassembling it to verify that, I'd be skeptical given the history of bearing fraud on exactly the same spindle elsewhere Given that these spindles clearly come from the same Chinese mfg, and the bearings are not readily apparent, the mfg could be claiming NSK and sending something else and Keling probably wouldn't know. Especially since they're selling it with the same smoke-prone inverter sold elsewhere instead of upgrading to Hitachi X200's.

X200

Does anyone know where can I buy this inverter X200, from European Union?
    Thanks.

http://www.driveswarehouse.com/Drive...0-022NFU1.html
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc_router_table_machines/125729-altcnc.html

Is it possible to just skip the VFD and hardwire it to 3 phase? Or a phase converter (Static or rotary)?

I'd guess it'll be full speed at this rate but that's ok with me. Would this work?

NO. Even if there were some way to control the voltage to what was needed by the coils, there's a problem in that the RPM is directly derived from the 3-phase frequency. There might be like 12 cycles per rotation, 300rpm total on 60Hz.

A $255 Hitachi X200 is not a really big expense in the big picture.

Typically 400Hz is full rpm on these, so 60Hz would be 1/6.667x full speed. If full speed is 24k rpm, you'd run it at 3600rpm I believe. So no, you should not do this.
    CNC mill build thread: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertical_mill_lathe_project_log/110305-gantry_mill.html

While in wait mode on the production of the inexpensive ATC spindle I thought I would share the following.

I looked into purchasing one of the GE/Fanuc CNC Control Panels however it would be difficult to integrate because the panel is only a part of the motion control system and the panel alone cost over $9K USD and the complete motion control system was $23K USD excluding software.

Like many I want a decent panel but I also wanted to make life easier so I set out to have one made during my ATC waiting sebatical, see: CLICK TO READ MORE

What are the differences in the Type "M" collet clamping nut and the Type "A"?

Are they interchangeable? Also, my spindle came without a wrench, where should i grab one ebay?

I read somewhere on the zone there was a difference. I know the ones that work with my spindle are type "A". I think one of the differences is the type of wrench used. I think there is more though.
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Quote Originally Posted by wcarrothers1 View Post

to try?

Thanks.

sagreen has a build log at

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cn...ro_raptor.html

He uses the spindle/vfd that you are asking about. I ordered the package and am awaiting arrival.

Love happy shopping?

Hi..

Reading this thread with great interest as I'm at planning stage for a new router...

Can someone provide a link to love happy shopping on ebay?

I've found sloar.jean and already had LMB2008 bookmarked, but I've struck out with the links on the thread as they are expired auctions, and can't find a working shop link..

Cheers, Me.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwichris View Post
    Hi..
    Can someone provide a link to love happy shopping on ebay?
    Cheers, Me.
    love-happyshopping is no longer a registered user since my last check.

I purchased my 3kw spindle and inverter from them and was very satisfied with the product and service.

Post Qiandingzhensatisfaction has the same spindles

A doughnut a day keeps the doctor away.

Thanks for that...

Bookmarked for when I'm feeling a bit more flush. :-)

While we're on these spindles.

I'm not 100% convinced I'd go for the water cooled option.. But was wondering how much noise the fan ads? I'm looking at the 1.5kw round ones at the moment, but I'm happy to be convinced otherwise..

Cheers, Me.

I don't think its a noise issue but rather a dust buildup one. I've never used one but my hitatchi router is filled with dust even when I use a dust shoe and good vacume. I also think you can't leave them at 24k rmp indefinitely. They do need a rest cycle at the high speed settings. I went with a water-cooled spindle on my techno and a new 4x4 build I have not shown yet.

All you need for the newer spindles is $10 worth of tubing and a small aquarium pump in a bucket of water!
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Any opinions on the following vendors? :

solar.jean

industry-village

qiandingzhensatisfaction

techical.jrs

and others!

I also noticed on solar.jean's 2.2KW water cooled spindles that they have "Adopt Japanese" bearings rather than "Adopt Germany" bearings. Do you folks think that they are the same thing, i.e. Chinese bearings with different name on them?

Thanks,

Don

Page 57 of 68 747555657585967