587,348 active members*
4,810 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences?
Page 17 of 68 715161718192767
    I did set exactly like post #313 except PD007 to 120.00 ( I change to 1.20 because only 0 ~ 20Hz only). But my problem is everytime I try to run with the motor it gives me E.OC.A error. Could be my motor is broken????

Do a search on E.OC.A I recall a setting that needed changing either in this thread or a similar thread. You are correct on the PD007. I had to do that also, - I just copied what information I had saved. I take it you did the reset first and not after. Because if you did it after, the settings that you did before doing PD013 to 8 would be erased. Do you get [END] after you program each setting? Here is more information that I had from reading here and elsewhere.

PD013 - 8 MASTER RESET <<< DO THIS FIRST

PD003 - Main Frequency - 400Hz
    PD004 -Base frequency - 400Hz
    PD005 - Max operating frequency - 400Hz
    PD007 to 120 hz 1.20
    PD008 - Max Voltage - 220v
    PD006 - Intermediate Frequency - 2.5
    PD009 - Intermediate Voltage - 15
    PD011 - 120 (1.20)
    PD143 - Motor Pole Number - 2
    PD142 - Rated Motor Current 7A
    PD144 - 3000, factory setting is 1440 ->gives correct RPM 24000

I hope you haven't been running it much without water cooling.
    Does the spindle turn freely?

That's all the help I can give. I do question why the guy you bought from said to program the numbers he gave you. You don't even have those registers in the VFD.

I did exactly as that what you post just now (did PD013 - 8 FIRST and got END after I program each one of them) and when I plug in the motor it gives me E.OC.A again
    I didn't run without water cooling for about 10 seconds only.
    I really appreciate you guys trying to help me out here
    I got tons of problem just to make a cnc router (my shipment of 102kg sbr support unit looks like it's going to be difficult to claim at the sea port, and this giving me problem also plus etc2)
    but on a bright side I have this forum which can and did helps me alot on my projects.
    Just wanna say BIG THANKS to this forum and the supporting members

Try switching on the VFD while the motor is connected (I.e. Connect the motor while it's off then switch it on.) if you haven't been doing so already.

E.OC.A means that the spindle is drawing too much current. This indicates that the motor is damaged. The best way to check this is to disconnect it and check the resistance of each winding. (1-2, 2-3, 3-1)

Even though you only run it without cooling for 10 seconds, you'd be surprised as to how fast a motor like this can burn out. What is the minimum speed or frequency that you have run it at ?

The fact that there is a minimum speed limit of 100HZ / 6,000RPM for the air cooled spindles (Even without load, which is when these spindles draw very little power.) indicates that they need constant cooling even when only run for short periods. An air cooled spindle running below these speeds will still get some cooling air moving over the heatsink, but a water cooled spindle without the water cooling will get no coolant moving at all, making the burn-out time even shorter.

ok I connect the motor to vxd while it is off and turn it on press run and it just twitch a bit and stop, the screen says E.OA.C
    I measure the resistance 1 - 2 = 9 ohm, 2 - 3 = 9 ohm and 3 - 1 = 9 ohm (I put the dial on X1 on the multi tester).
    Ok what are those numbers mean? Is my motor really damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Quiff View Post
    Do a search on E.OC.A I recall a setting that needed changing either in this thread or a similar thread. You are correct on the PD007. I had to do that also, - I just copied what information I had saved. I take it you did the reset first and not after. Because if you did it after, the settings that you did before doing PD013 to 8 would be erased. Do you get [END] after you program each setting? Here is more information that I had from reading here and elsewhere.

PD013 - 8 MASTER RESET <<< DO THIS FIRST

PD003 - Main Frequency - 400Hz
    PD004 -Base frequency - 400Hz
    PD005 - Max operating frequency - 400Hz
    PD007 to 120 hz 1.20
    PD008 - Max Voltage - 220v
    PD006 - Intermediate Frequency - 2.5
    PD009 - Intermediate Voltage - 15
    PD011 - 120 (1.20)
    PD143 - Motor Pole Number - 2
    PD142 - Rated Motor Current 7A
    PD144 - 3000, factory setting is 1440 ->gives correct RPM 24000

I hope you haven't been running it much without water cooling.
    Does the spindle turn freely?

That's all the help I can give. I do question why the guy you bought from said to program the numbers he gave you. You don't even have those registers in the VFD.

Just now I did a master reset again and set to the parameters above and the motor was actually running at 50Hz. VERY STRANGE, it didn't work b4. I'm going to hook up the pump now and do intensive test to see if it really actually working.

Those resistances sound about right, so it was probably just the settings.

Double check for shorts where you connected it though.

To make it easier for people I set up this site http://www.spindlemounts.com. I make these on an as requested basis as help to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by David Da Costa View Post
    My Seig KX1 CNC mill that I bought from Littlemachineshop.com has been busy making a number of mounts for people around the world for the Chinese spindles with 65mm and 80mm diameters.

The first two images are for the 65mm diameter spindles like the 1.5kw air cooled and the 0.8kw water cooled and the second two images are for the 80mm diameter spindles like the 2.2kw water cooled.

When I originally built these two mounts for my 1.5kw and 2.2kw spindles I never realized I would be making so many duplicates

David

Speaking of mounts, I'm designing a mount that will work with the dovetails on my Taig. Do y'all find that the spindles are exactly 80 mm in diameter?

Welp, my spindle came in today so I can answer my own question: Yes, it is very close to exactly 80 mm, according to my inexpensive digital calipers (in my non-steady hands) it is maybe ± 0.1 mm.

Oh yeah, one of my water caps is broken too. Looks like I'll be off to buy a set of those extractors... neither needle-nose pliers nor a screwdriver would make it budge. It appears to have some kind of sealant holding it in.

[edit]
    Nevermind. I'm not about to wait for a new tiny inlet thingy to be shipped from China. I found the "right" tool for the job. A "T30H" torx bit. This one has a hole in the end (I figure that is what the "H" stands for) but I'm sure a normal T30 torx bit would work too.

I just stuck it in the broken thing, tapped it a couple times with a dense rubber mallet, stuck a multi-bit screwdriver on it, and unscrewed it. It worked for me, I give no guarantees.

I decided to get the ER16 2.2 kW spindle. Thankfully it doesn't use some kind of funky ER16 collet. In my attached pic the collet that came with the spindle (6 mm) is on the right, a 0.25" collet from Maritool is on the left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 08242009383 small.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Confucius

Confucius say:Man with water cooled spindle get hose.
    Confucius say:Man with water cooled spindle get aquarium
    Confucius say:Man with Chinese ATC wear kevlar vest.
    Confucius say:man with leak spindle get shock.
    Confucius say:W.C.Fields say:A sucker is born every minute.
    Confucius say:Are these spindles UL approved?
    Larry:cheers:
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Confucius

Confucius should have listened to his mom more. "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything"

Hay Taylor you are correct my mother said...don't say anything Quote
    Sorry if you can not accept a joke.The jist of my joke is to reseach into what you are buying.Besides this thread and others on the CNCZONE and other forums,Buyers are having issues with the spindles and drives.A bloke in Aussie had a leak which went to the bearings.Another had motor windings shorted to the casing.Suppose you had an employee that got elecrouted.Try to sue the Chinese company.Your local officials will certanly come down on you.
    Without UL or CSA approvial your insurance will not cover you.
    BTW I like the spindles and would buy one if needed.I have many machines made in China and all had issues.Having some industrial electric knowledge I could correct the problems.Sorry for the Jokes.The intent was to open ones eyes and further investigate the product.
    Larry

I thought it was funny...

"error reporting"

does anyone have experience in setting the KA,KB relay? i noticed it was the only relay actually being soldered on to board of my VFD!

I've been having some problems somewhat similar to everyone else (hopefully fixed now), so i found it more calming to have some sort of "error reporting" going to the BOB, activating the E-stop incase of an error.

As for now it's connected and programmed to close when the inverter gets overloaded, but ultimately i would like it to close when it according to the manual "detects abnormal conditions" so i'm taking the spindle into the equation as well, and not just the VFD. But when i try to set Pd053 (KA,KB) to 02: Fault indication - i can hear the relay automatically closing when i press "set", triggering E-stop right away. with pretty much all of the other settings, the relay does nothing (as its supposed to since it's a NO switch) have any of you tried to play around with this setting?

Barto Chino Huso 7KW

Hi

KIN YE YP-C2D2-2G VFD from Linearmotionbearings2008

I ordered the 2.2kW watercooled spindle and vfd from linearmotionbearings2008 expecting to receive a Huanyang vfd like everyone else. But it appears that Chai has changed vfd suppliers. I have attached a picture of the parts that I received today (the RS485 converter is from another supplier).

I'm sure that the supplied vfd, XIN YE YP-C2D2-2G, will drive the spindle but I was hoping that I could leverage the acquired knowledge to date on the Huanyang drives and get up and going quickly and also use Modbus with EMC2 to monitor the drive, hence the RS485 converter. But with this new drive I'm on the back foot - manual is in Chinese and there does not appear to be a comms port.

Has anyone else seen or used one of these drives????

Oh, and a pic of the pump I plan on using for the cooling circuit.

Scott
    Orange
    Australia
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hybrid Evolution 090915 01.jpg   Hybrid Evolution 090915 03.jpg   Hybrid Evolution 090915 04.jpg  

It's interesting that the manual has "Sensorless Vector Control" above the model types. I'd be surprised if this drive is a vector drive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hybrid Evolution 090915 02.jpg   Hybrid Evolution 090915 19.jpg   Hybrid Evolution 090915 20.jpg   Hybrid Evolution 090915 17.jpg  

Hi I have been looking at a Chinese cheap spindle rated 4KW.It is rated for Torsional movement of 5.10 NM.What does this mean?
    Thanks
    Larry

Sent an email to Chai last night and this was the reply. It looks like we will be seeing more of these VFD's.

"This type of new VFD is upgraded. We don't have online link of that. We are translating the manual into English.
    Some customers feeded back that some of the function buttons of Huanyang brand are dis-functioned after some time. So We have changed the better brand that is almost the same in functions and connecting way with the Huanyang Brand."

A bit lost without the manual until then....

Scott

Page 17 of 68 715161718192767