587,468 active members*
3,478 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: c6 trouble

c6 trouble

i have spent the last 3 weeks making bits and getting ready for the "big switch on" and nothing happens! so here i am asking you lads out there for some advice, mach 3 is loaded onto a pc with a new hard drive (nothing else on it) the dro positions move when i jog from the keyboard but no axis movement.on the "box" the following lights are ON signals2,Adir,Aclk,Zclk,Xclk,Yclk is flickering,limit switch Z REF,X REF.Also where do you plug the spindle encoder into there is only the Y axis plug that it will fit, is this right in here? i have saved the c6 profile to a usb stick but i cant upload it to the mach.I know this is a lot of info but i am beginning to wonder is it me or should this sort of info come with the machine???Anyway just going to bang my head against a brick wall!!
    even a bit of a lead to any of these questions will keep my spirits up
    thanks.
    wilko1.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko1 View Post
    i have spent the last 3 weeks making bits and getting ready for the "big switch on" and nothing happens! so here i am asking you lads out there for some advice, mach 3 is loaded onto a pc with a new hard drive (nothing else on it) the dro positions move when i jog from the keyboard but no axis movement.on the "box" the following lights are ON signals2,Adir,Aclk,Zclk,Xclk,Yclk is flickering,limit switch Z REF,X REF.Also where do you plug the spindle encoder into there is only the Y axis plug that it will fit, is this right in here? i have saved the c6 profile to a usb stick but i cant upload it to the mach.I know this is a lot of info but i am beginning to wonder is it me or should this sort of info come with the machine???Anyway just going to bang my head against a brick wall!!
    even a bit of a lead to any of these questions will keep my spirits up
    thanks.
    wilko1.

Hi
    I have an X4 and not a C6 so no specific info for you - however I did discover the way to upload the profile is to save it in the Mach 3 folder on you PC. Then when opening Mach 3 open the Mach 3 loader icon (not Mach 3 Lathe or Mach 3 Mill). The Mach 3 loader should then see all your profiles saved in the Mach folder and you should be able to pick it from the list.

Hope that helps a bit anyway.

Hi,
    You may need to check the control box and make sure all the wires are connected. I received my SX3 with several wires disconnected and basically had no movement from the steppers. I agree with you that a diagram of all the basic wiring connections should be included with the machine and a basic operators manual is so common place nowdays it's hard to believe it would not be included! I don't have the C6 yet but there are several users here on the Zone that do have the C6 so hopefully they will reply.
    Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes