587,517 active members*
3,410 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Break Out Board.

Currently have gotten back to Mill CNC conversion, Using DC servos with Quad encoders. I have this board but have not been able to find a manual for it, Have found manuals on the internet Sound Logic that are close but not this version.

Also should I have another board between the D25 cable and the computer as the connection to this board is not the D25 printer cable. I know I am missing something here, just need a push to be able to put it all together.

Thanks all for opinions and help.

Ark1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAM_0798.JPG  

Opinions are here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ark1 View Post
    Currently have gotten back to Mill CNC conversion, Using DC servos with Quad encoders. I have this board but have not been able to find a manual for it, Have found manuals on the internet Sound Logic that are close but not this version.

Also should I have another board between the D25 cable and the computer as the connection to this board is not the D25 printer cable. I know I am missing something here, just need a push to be able to put it all together.

Thanks all for opinions and help.

Ark1
    Hi Ark1,
    The board requires a cable with a 26 pin idc (Similar to a hard drive connector) connector on one end and a db25 on the other IIRC. This would plug into J11 according to the Rogers manual.
    They are real cheap at the local computer store. If you can't find one let me know and I will see if I have one here.

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Mistake found.

I still need a break out board to use this board. Correct?

Since I am an electrician the first step is to do drawing and understand what and how everything works and connects.

And in emailing Bob Campbell and J. Cullens they are pointing me in that direction. ( I am on the edge of stupid )

Comments?

Ark1

Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.