587,421 active members*
3,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Boring a Pocket in Lathe with Boring Bar Help

Boring a Pocket in Lathe with Boring Bar Help

I have a part That is attached. But basicly what I want to do is This part is 2.5 OD with a 1.125 ID. It is about 2 inches long. The 1.25 ID goes for about 1/2 deep then it opens up to roughly 1.6 at a 45 degree angle then goes back down to 1.25 ID after about an inch. So it is a Cave type geometry. I have a Boring bar from Kennametal that is a A12-NER2 with a NG2125LK insert. Basicly all this is, is a .125" WIde square insert in a Right Hand Boring Bar, No radius on either corner. I want to use this bar for the cave like toolpath. The problem is that there is no bar in any of the librarys in my MASTERCAM X. I try to draw a tool but have not had any good luck. Does anyone have any ideas I can try? Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just use a groove tool and set width to 0.125" and radius to 0.000". Are you sure you are using the filters correctly when selecting a tool?

As TXCNCMAN said, take a look at your tool filtering, that insert it's well defined on the default library Lathe_Inch.LIC.

Right click on your toolpath parameters page, on the side of any of the tools listed and click on "Create New Tool".

Then Follow the Screen shots attached.

HTH

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg