587,745 active members*
2,673 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

BobCad\Cad V24

Hey guys, girls - I have V21 & V23. I'm thinking about getting V24. Anyone have V24. Comparing to the other versions (V21-V23) is it worth the learning curve to get the V24?
    Other question I have, which is a big deal with me is portability, V21 is not portable - it is a pain in the a** to have to call every-time you want to put it on a different machine. I have a dongle with V23, which is great, I can go anywhere I have the software loaded and be up.
    My understanding of V24 is that you get a passcode just like V21 and if you need V24 in a different machine, you have to go to the machine that has a good passcode and close that passcode and enter a number given when closing out the first passcode and enter it online for a new passcode that can be entered into a different machine.
    So right now I have V23 on my laptop, on a home machine and a machine at work, so I just stick the dongle into any machine and I'm up and running. So my understanding with V24 in the same scenario 3 machines, I would have to close out and reinstall a new passcode every time I went to a different location. So seems to me I would be closing out and re entering new passcodes several time a day. Is this correct?
    One more question? I'm told by the BobCad rep that there are no hard cd videos (training professors) anymore and that except for a "getting started" manual all training is done on the internet. Is this correct?
    Hey, let me know if what I understand is correct, or if there is something I'm missing. Thanks in advance, Jeff

No Dongles yet

The latest I've read is there are not Dongles yet. However, the salesman I spoke with worked a really sweet deal on multiple licenses for me. I don't need the dongle anymore since he sold me several seats for a great price.

The learning curve from V23 to V24 is very easy. The Icons look a little different but the are easy to transition to. Some of the icons are now drop downs so only the most popular choice is on top.

So far I've been happy with V24.

I kept my V23 dongle, then if I go somewhere and really need to work Bobcad, I use V23. Save the work in V23. Then if I need to I can open the work in V24 later. However, what you make in V24 will not open in V23.

Robert

Training Professor

There is a 15 cd set available (training professor) although, much of which is on you tube. I so agree with you on the multiple computer problem.

Just work out with the salesperson how many seats you need. I got 4 with mine.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by robrea View Post
    The learning curve from V23 to V24 is very easy. The Icons look a little different but the are easy to transition to. Some of the icons are now drop downs so only the most popular choice is on top.
    Robert
    Hey Robert,
    I dont care for the flyout toolbars. It slows me down a bit. But you can get any of the commands on the toolbars you want and set it up to look just like you remember. Also, cleanup and remove the toolbars you dont usually use.

Here's a video:

Toolbar commands - YouTube