• SOLID TOOLS

13 23.64%
  • 3RD PARTY PLUG AND PLAY

10 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123

Hybrid View

Bobcad Version 21

What Do Think Of Version 21(AS YOU CAN TELL MY SPELLING NOT THAT GREAT)and Yes I upgraded today

How much did it cost to upgrade? If you don't mind me asking, I've emailed BobCad but haven't heard from them yet!

Quote Originally Posted by cerealkiller2
    How much did it cost to upgrade? If you don't mind me asking, I've emailed BobCad but haven't heard from them yet!
    YOU MAY NOT HEARD FROM THEM YET BUT IF I KNOW BOBCAD YOU CAN COUNT ON LOTS PHONE CALLS IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside
    YOU MAY NOT HEARD FROM THEM YET BUT IF I KNOW BOBCAD YOU CAN COUNT ON LOTS PHONE CALLS IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO
    I know! But, $250 plus $75 for the extra site licesense isn't that bad, if it is worth it. So, have you been able to tell any differences, and did they throw in the tutorial videos too?

the story goes that for the next two weeks upgrades from version 20 to 21 is $250 and I paid another $75.00 for the second seat after two weeks the sales pitch is that it's going to cost $895 plus $200 for extra seat but I find that hard to believe

Yes you are right about timing. That why I paid $50 less than you . Here a post from 3-23-06 it on page 1 post #3 of this thread

the story goes that for the next two weeks upgrades from version 20 to 21 is $250 and I paid another $75.00 for the second seat after two weeks the sales pitch is that it's going to cost $895 plus $200 for extra seat but I find that hard to believe

Yes you are right about timing. That why I paid $50 less than you . Here a post from 3-23-06 it on page 1 post #3 of this thread

Yes you did, but I have instant Help Files
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

In december when I was being hounded to by V20 I asked is there V21 in the work's so sell 20 fast and salesman said no it's a wase off seem's like old times get to the parking lot of best buy and it's allready out of date got a week of tec suport left on my 90 day's that came with 20 and I think i will try to find all the bug's I can next week Wish me luck Kevin

Kevin,
    I think I would call Bobcad and complain, explain your situation and say something like your not happy. They may cut you a deal on the upgrade. I know, they cut me a deal on V20 a year ago. Two site licesenses and videos for about $1200. They told me some college order abunch of copies then backed out of the order, and I was getting the program at a bundle price. Don't know if I believe them or not, but it made me fell better about purcasing 2 copies for $600 each, instead of the regular going rate. Anyway, call them up and try complaining a little, what do you have to loose?

I forget I also got two copies of BobArt ProX thrown in also!!

Hey guys I also was called 3/24/06 from Bob Cad and was offered their special promotion ,the first 100 bob cad users $250.00 after that 850.00 or something. I did`nt bite on it, Instead I looked at their web site and downloaded a trial version to see the changes. They said before it would be like 20 on steroids . I could`nt see that much of a change according to all the hipe. Does anyone else see that or am I not seeing it. I have versions 17,18,19,20. I am looking into one cnc. Does any one have any feed back or Sugestions ?

Just got my call!
    I was told $250 today only!
    "Next week, the price was going up!" but he didn't know how much.
    A extra $100 for another site licesense. I didn't bite either, but he said he was swamped with email and phone messages. But somehow had the time to call me twice with in 30 min, because I didn't answer the first call?

In 21 some of the new thing are solidworks reader for file import (that was needed) text to surface (which could be done before) under re-organize erase double (removes overlapping lines) some other thing that I have not really tried yet. all and all for the $250 that not to bad but I would not have paid much more for it on the down side if you have version 1 of Bobnest version 21 can not use it so you will have to upgrade that as well Bobart Pro X is sill the same for 21

BobCAD-CAM V21

Hello Toolroom, Lakeside and all.
    BobCAD-CAM V21 was released yesterday to all customers as an upgrade to the V20 system. The addition of SolidWorks and Parasolids X_B & X_T file support has pleased the majority. There are other features and questions I have seen in this thread I will try to answer. V21 does include a "What's New in V21" training video that I did to help bring you up to speed. If you do have an older version of BobART or the BobNEST, there are upgrades to those plug-ins as well. The latest is BobNEST V2.0 and BobART PRO-X. If you had either of these in V20 you will have no problem accessing them in V21. In otherwords you don't have to keep buying the same plug-in each time you upgrade to another main system. The project function opens the door to some pretty cool capabilities and I show you how to use it in the new video that comes with the system. Any questions just email me.
    Sincerely,
    CNC Dude
    [email protected]

So i called this morning to get a new reg number because i had a comp failure, so i upgraded with new moboardand hd. loaded everything up including bc and they told me i had deregister before i change my comp!!!!!! i guess i'm supposed to know when i'm going to have failure.so i told them they could shove it! i'll be sending it back weather i get my money or not. i only got v20 a couple of months ago and was told that v21 was not due out for a long time. very poor bussiness practices. :boxing: Todd

Quote Originally Posted by CNCdude
    Hello Toolroom, Lakeside and all.
    BobCAD-CAM V21 was released yesterday to all customers as an upgrade to the V20 system. The addition of SolidWorks and Parasolids X_B & X_T file support has pleased the majority. There are other features and questions I have seen in this thread I will try to answer. V21 does include a "What's New in V21" training video that I did to help bring you up to speed. If you do have an older version of BobART or the BobNEST, there are upgrades to those plug-ins as well. The latest is BobNEST V2.0 and BobART PRO-X. If you had either of these in V20 you will have no problem accessing them in V21. In otherwords you don't have to keep buying the same plug-in each time you upgrade to another main system. The project function opens the door to some pretty cool capabilities and I show you how to use it in the new video that comes with the system. Any questions just email me.
    Sincerely,
    CNC Dude
    [email protected]
    Sounds like a sales pitch to me!

Quote Originally Posted by GAWnCA
    Sounds like a sales pitch to me!
    Yeah Chris does work at Bobcad...

cnc dude, is there a video shipping with the V21?
    They advised that the cd's were a way off.
    I did the upgrade as I use Solidworks most of the time.
    thanks

Training Videos

Hi GWB,
    There is a "what's new with V21" training CD that is included with the upgrade system only. I will be re-recording the entire video box set after Westec next week. This may take a month or so. Then we will have a completely new series of training videos that cover all of the software. Right now, however, the full V20 series would be helpful to anyone.
    CNC Dude

Tsutt,
    I'm sure that there is solution for you Todd. Give me a call at 727-489-0003 and I would be happy to talk to you.
    Sincerely,
    Chris Corbell
    CNCDude

One area that version 21 was not upgraded in is the limited color selection when I do the cad I like to use colors for difference area so when I go to the cam side I can pick the color I do that with point a lot for hole location Why can't Bobcad use the same color plate that’s in Bobart?

Page 1 of 6 123