587,490 active members*
4,090 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad V23 predator

Bobcad V23 predator

We installed Bobcad V23 and the Predator CNC Editor for Bobcad (version 2005.7.0.40) and we are unable to drip feed. We had an older version of predator that we used constantly to drip feed but, when we installed the predator that came with bobcad we had to remove the older version that we no longer have the license for. I can't seem to get a straight answer from Bobcad they want to try to find something wrong with my machine, pc, or process however, so far they cannot tell me why I can't drip feed. Does this version of predator have the capability to drip feed. I have tried different DNC property configs, I know the baud rate and all of that is correct for the machine. Predator charges for tech support and bobcad tech support won't respond with a solution.

Does the machine recive any code?

capital,

Yes, the version of the Editor that ships with BobCAD V23 can drip feed, that is send the program in small increments to the machine.

Are you getting an alarm at the machine?

Regards

the only way to get it to drip feed is to unclick "wait for cnc" and then set a send line delay. That is not a drip feed. I cannot get predator to communicate with the machine and send the data as the cnc requires it. Using a line delay depending on the feed rate and length of cut the machine is starving (sitting still) or data starts to overflow.

Your cables haven't changed, right? Only the software you are using for communication.

Have you tried using the Both option for Flow control, with your Wait for CNC option selected?

Also, which version of Predator were you using before? There is something here that will expose the solution, it's just a matter of what.

Regards

have you set your program to work as windows xp or are you using xp already.

yes we already are using Xp.

What is the CNC Control we are working with? Sometimes you may need to use the line send delay or character delay to get the machine to communicate in drip feed mode.

The Predator CNC Editor will DNC (drip feed) with no issues for years. Most of the time it is settings in the software or something like the comm port used mis-configured.

Need help, call us, we support Predator and can help.
    Greg Mercurio -Shop Floor Automations
    www.shopfloorautomations.com /619-461-4000