587,092 active members*
2,939 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad and DeskCNC question

Bobcad and DeskCNC question

OK I have Bobcad V19, now how to I get it to NC out to Deskcnc? I guess I have to write a post processor file for that? Need some direction.

Paul,
    I don't think that Bobcad had any way to transmit to another program, assuming that your Deskcnc is on the same computer. Just save the Bobcad nc file as type *.tap and then open it in Deskcnc. The *.tap extension is just a throwback to the old days when text files were transferred to tape for tape readers. So, if you have to, you can make the file extension anything you like, so long as you remember it is just a text file.

Bobcad's *.cnc file is not a text file, and is for Bobcad's own internal use to reconstruct what you did when you created an nc program. It gives you some degree of interactive linkage between the tool tip arrow, and your nc code.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Paul,

To get a deskcnc post, go to www.bobcad.com/posts to access a list. There is a post there for desknc. Once you have installed it, open up your nc cam window using the deskcnc post. Click on File (in the nc cam window) and select setup, here you will notice a text box where you can change the file extension to whatever you want. *.dnc for desk cnc, etc.

Hope this helps!! :cheers:
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks that's want I need to know.

Paul,

How did the Bobcad ver19 work out with the DeskCnc controller. I was going to do the same thing. Thanks
    Bert

It worked out well, you have to modify the post processor .

I'll be recieving my Bobcad this week, so I'm not too familiar with it. Doesn't the post on their website work? What kind of modifications?
    Thanks
    Bert