587,762 active members*
3,217 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bob Cad V18 and Crusader II on a mill

Bob Cad V18 and Crusader II on a mill

Has anyone used BOB cad V18 with a older Crusader II control? I down loaded the post processor for the Crusader II but found out it's for the Crusader II M. Mine is just a Crusader II (no rs323 port or any soft wear upgrades) I did contact BOB Cad about this but haven't heard back in about a month and the e-mails I send don't get answered. Any help would be great! as the way it is I can't use the Cam side at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-031S.JPG  

Hi Harvard5,
    I do believe we have a post for you that you can download directly from:

http://www.bobcad.com/posts/

I'm not sure why you have not received a reply from support. I will look into this as well.

CNC Dude

I did download the processer from Bob cad and ran it but the output on the cam side is different than what I have to input into my machine. (different order for some lines etc) is there any way I can configure it to output to what I need? eg G00= rapid ,
    g01 =feed

Have you gotten anywhere on this? Anilam made a Crusader ll M and L. M for Millmate and L for Lathemate. So you have the correct one. You will need to add the necessary parts to make the RS-232 work. I would need to see a picture of your CPU ( green tab ) board to see if you can do that. You need several IC chips...a 8251 a 1488 and 1489 need to be on there. then the required software. lastly the RS-232 port which can be added too.