587,547 active members*
3,254 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Best American-made laser engraver to buy used?

Hello Everyone, I'm a newbie looking to buy a used laser engraver and need some advice from some more experienced CNC people. I've been looking into Universal and Epilog, but am willing to buy something else that is American-made with good customer service and parts availability. What brand of laser engravers seem to hold up the best and remain compatible with modern user-friendly software such as CorelDraw? And am I right to assume that used American-made is a better value than a new Chinese-manufactured laser engraver?

My goal is to cut and engrave a wide variety of thicknesses and materials - leather, wood, acrylic, rubber sheet - basically I'm just playing right now. Budget is up to $25,000, but I would like to start as small as possible (as long as it's user-friendly for a newbie) and work up to something bigger and badder once I decide to get serious. I would love some expert input!

Re: Best American-made laser engraver to buy used?

Hello emmalceck, Univeral and Epilog use RF laser tube, but most of Chinese machine use co2 glass laser tube. No matter cutting or engraving, you can get better results from RF laser tube.
    compare with many other Chinese company, our price is more expensive,( of course, cheaper than American machine). with the high quality and good after sales service, we have sold many machine to USA.
    I think our Zeus laser system is very suitable for you, this model also install the RF laser tube. With a high quality RF tube, the engraving and cutting quality of Zeus laser systems are totally the same as the famous international brands. You would love it when seeing the amazing results!
    and we can make samples to you if you want. More details, please contact with me. [email protected]

Hi,dear Emmalceck.Merry Chrismas.This is alex from China.A sales manager from SUDIAO.
    Tell you the turth,i have text the lether for my USA customer,but the effect is not good,Pls be careful this.As my text result,some leather will burnt.
    For wood,acrylic,i think China laser machine for cut and engrave is enough,just the factory warranty you need consider.
    They usually told you 1 year for machine,3 months for laser tube.You should make sure if they are a big factory,and can they do this.
    If you need any help,you can contact me.Glad to help you,not for business,just friendless.

For that kind of money you could get a new Trotec or Epilog Trotec makes a cheaper version the Raytec

I use the co2 type laser and have seen parts from universal lasers. Used by the craft industry. I don't think they are even close. The cost isn't close either. The fine beam size is what I can't get close to.
    I'm burning at about 0.2mm wide and they have to be about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About half that. Worth the money if you can justify

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk