587,174 active members*
3,977 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Bearing replacement and cleaning of Hurco spindle drive motor Fanuc A06B-0753-B302

Bearing replacement and cleaning of Hurco spindle drive motor Fanuc A06B-0753-B302

I am in the process of replacing the seals and bearings in my spindle drive motor on my BMC 20 Hurco. I have to keep the drive belt real tight to quiet the bearings while running and replacement is inevitable. Questions about dis-assembly include snap ring locations and encoder alignment for reassembly. I have a fair machine shop facility and have many pullers for the bearings. I would like to soak and clean the stator assembly to remove the contamination from its previous life. The cost of sending this to someone is prohibitive for me so DIY is the only way. Any special recommendations? I have checked other feeds and feel confident about my ability to do this job.
    Thanks CNC Zone,
    Steve Paul

Found a video online showing diss-assembly and reassembly of this style motor. The video was not clear on the alignment of the steel ring attached to the spindle but I will look for marks as I dissassemble later this week.

you want to change the bearings of the motor or also the bearings of the spindle?
    i made hundred of spindle bearings replacements and also motor bearings and i can help you with every step.
    if you want my help send me an email at [email protected] and we can talk and i will explain you how to do it.

Thanks for replying zavateamdu - I sent you an email.
    Steve

Hello. I have troubles with my spindle motor . I have A06B-0857-B200 alpha series 18kW.
    The engine run in slow revolution - 200 - 300 rpm smoothly. But when i increase revolution for about 1000 so then the engine do not go smoothly. The shaft goes " jerky" . Revolutions are low , ammeter on control panel goes to the red field . Sometimes speed stabilize in correct value but in seconds goes down again and jerky rotation appears again. But no alarm appears on screen !!
    When i turn the shaft by hand all seems to be OK .

Do you any idea how to repair it ? Unfortunately i do not maintenance manual . Can somebody send me it ?
    And because the motor is already took out of my lathe i would like also change seals and bears.

Dali

Dali:

Check the feedback sensor that sends the feedback signal from the motor to the drive, it is located on the top of the spindle motor and it sends information of the actual motor speed to the drive, sometimes they get dirty and fail, sometimes you need to adjust, it must has a 0.005" distance from the ring, or maybe it is bad and you have to replace it.

Good luck with it.

Greg.