587,543 active members*
5,374 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > ArtCam Pro > ArtCAM for sale??.......
Page 1 of 2 12

ArtCAM for sale??.......

Hi,

Does anyone know if ArtCAM allows their customers to resell a seat if its not being used?? If so, does anyone have a copy of Insignia or Pro for sale or trade?? I would be very interested. Thanks!

Nardis

Artcam Pro

I have Artcam Pro 7.1/Jewelsmith that I'm not using. Are you still looking?

Hello,

If its a legitimate liscensed copy, I would be interested. Shoot me an email and we can discuss it. Thanks for the reply.

Best Regards,
    Nardis

This thread is on the limits of been accepted by CNC Zone. While I can see it has been posed as a question, we need to make sure we are not promoting illegal activities. Please tread carefully guys.

Sorry, I'm a newbie for the most part. Didn't mean to post anything inappropriate and never would I want to promote any illegal dealing. Thanks for the heads up.

Best Regards,
    Nardis

Anyone know current pricings for ArtCAM? I hate having to talk to some person under pressure to sell, they never know when you say no or let me think about it.

Hello,

ArtCAM Pro is $7500. Insignia is around half of that I think. ArtCAM is a very Professional compnay from my experiance in dealing with them. Unlike some CAD CAM software companies, they present their product, answer any questions, and let YOU decide. I have spoke directly with the compnay over the phone in Canada, spoke with them in person at IWF this year in Atlanta (Intl. Woodworker's Fair), and also spoke to one of their distributors. No high-pressure sales, just a good representation of their product.

Another Great company that does biz in the same way is OneCNC. SUPER helpful, friendly, and no high-pressure sales. And you can even buy directly from them.

When I was shopping for a basic 2.5D package. I finally settled on OneCNC Express. I LOVE it. But I must say, I also was looking into one of their closest compettitors at the time. And it was the WORST sales pitched I have ever had. They would NOT here my NO. So I hung up and decided NEVER to give them my biz. You would think they hired a time-share salesman from Disneyland.

The more professional companies will not twist your arm to buy their product. If they do go elsewhere. Don't be afraid to approach software companies directly with questions about their product. For the record I am not affiliated with either of the above companies in any way, I don't even own ArtCAM ...... yet. All this is just my 2 cents. Hopefully it helps. Good luck shopping.

Best Regards,
    Nardis

Dear sir
    If i bought a Bridgrport, can i not sell this machine to some one else. if i sell it will Brigdgeport will not support him?
    why this is not ith these Software Giants?
    Thanks
    Sanjiv

ArtCam may be pricey, but they don't mess around. They are extremely professional and they not only stand behind and support the product, they actually have been known to go as far as to write new patches to "tweak" the software upon request to fit customers specific needs.
    As far as I have experienced, they aren't worried about pushing anyone to buy or giving sales pressure. They have the luxury of letting people investigate the different packages. C'mon - If you really do need that level of software you have very few other places to go.

So what can ArtCAM do for $7500 that the Vectric packages of VectorArt3D,VCarvePro,PhotoVCarve, and Cut3D cant do for $843 ?

From where Im sitting it'd have to be a lot!
    Did you guys know that the Vectric team used to be at ArtCAM before setting up Vectric. I think TonyMac and the Vectric team would have great customer service, or else they are just really good actors before you buy.

So tell me why I should save my money and buy ArtCAM or a used ArtCAM seat, instead of the Vectric package? (Buying in the next two/three mths)

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thkoutsidthebox View Post
    So tell me why I should save my money and buy ArtCAM or a used ArtCAM seat, instead of the Vectric package? (Buying in the next two/three mths)

Thanks.
    The reason would be that you need features that were only available in ArtCAM. And ArtCAM has quite a few more features, I'm sure.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by sanjiv View Post
    Dear sir
    If i bought a Bridgrport, can i not sell this machine to some one else. if i sell it will Brigdgeport will not support him?
    why this is not ith these Software Giants?
    Thanks
    Sanjiv
    Because you don't buy the software, you buy a license to use it.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

So what can ArtCAM do for $7500 that the Vectric packages of VectorArt3D,VCarvePro,PhotoVCarve, and Cut3D cant do for $843 ?
    That is pretty much comparing apples to oranges. They are meant for entirely different purposes.

Actually, I think the Vectric packages are awesome - if they do what you need them to - and they are probably one of the best solutions for most folks machining needs on this site. It can't be used for jewelers, though. ArtCam does those same things as well, and much more, which is along with cost actually an additional downside for most folks as it adds unnecesary complexity to the program if you don't need the extra function.

I was, however, responding in the context of the request from someone who wanted to use it for jewelry. Unfortunately there are very few programs optimised for the insane demands of designing jewelry (some even more expensive) - particularly in a four-axis environment which is a default necessity for rings.
    ArtCam Jewelsmith is such a program, and I find its tools and functions not only optimised for such work, but absolutely indispensible.

I actually wouldn't really recommend it to anyone doing more traditional machining or running a router. It just isn't the right tool for those jobs, too complex to learn, and too pricey.

Great. Thanks. I'll be carving gates, fence panels, and signs so I definately won't need any crazy 4 axis jewellery facilities.
    L8rs.

So tell me why I should save my money and buy ArtCAM or a used ArtCAM seat, instead of the Vectric package?
    You don't need ArtCam (from what I'm seeing here..)

The price says a lot. Just like a Ferrari vs Honda. Both have 4 wheels and gasoline motor, both will get you where you want to go. So.. Why pay for overpriced Ferrari? Well, it's not a good idea to circle the race track at 200mph in a Honda..Is it?

Then again, not everyone is heading to the race track. Some are heading to the grocery store.

ArtCam for example lets you do 2 rail sweeps which are absolutely necessary for creating any serious ornamentation, leaves, etc. Not to mention the 4 axis type wrap-arounds- for carvings on baluster posts.

I've seen VCarve and it's one of the coolest programs out there. I've seen the V carvings, which are truly impressive. But without 2 rail sweep it can't be seriously considered for any type of fancy ornamentation. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Because you don't buy the software, you buy a license to use it.
    If Bridgeport asks me that you have any experience to run this type of machine, first get training & than we will sell you, what does it means? Licence : what it means pay your hard earned money to them & forget, if you dont need it sell it as we sell junk of our homes.

Is the artcam still for sale ??

Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
    You don't need ArtCam (from what I'm seeing here..)

The price says a lot. Just like a Ferrari vs Honda. Both have 4 wheels and gasoline motor, both will get you where you want to go. So.. Why pay for overpriced Ferrari? Well, it's not a good idea to circle the race track at 200mph in a Honda..Is it?

Then again, not everyone is heading to the race track. Some are heading to the grocery store.

ArtCam for example lets you do 2 rail sweeps which are absolutely necessary for creating any serious ornamentation, leaves, etc. Not to mention the 4 axis type wrap-arounds- for carvings on baluster posts.

I've seen VCarve and it's one of the coolest programs out there. I've seen the V carvings, which are truly impressive. But without 2 rail sweep it can't be seriously considered for any type of fancy ornamentation. IMO
    You might want to take alook at Vectrics Aspire. It has many of the same tools as Artcam, including 2 rail sweeps, sculpting Etc. At around $2,000.00 it is a very good deal and very easy to learn

Mike

question was - is the artcam pro stil available - please reply with a phone number to [email protected]

It was 3 years ago.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Page 1 of 2 12