587,082 active members*
2,746 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > arrow 750 control techniques controller

arrow 750 control techniques controller

in the directions for the control it talks about fnc downloading to the machine.
    i am using bobcad-predater software and it has dnc to download to themachine.
    is there a difference between fnc and dnc ..
    has anyone used this control and what would be the best way to get programs tto it.
    manual says i need cnc_com on dos. i have it but when i open it and then run predater to send program i get an error , unable to open communications device.
    if i just use predater it says sending program and it seems to be on screen of pc but nothing at control.
    thanks for any replies, i bought this mill and as you can see i dont know what i am doing.........
    thanks, chuck

I just use CNC_COM to rebuild the software when it dies. To transfer your files use your CAM software. You need to prep the machine to receive the program BEFORE you sent if from your PC.

In Auto mode, use soft keys to get --> Background Edit -->File Ops --> Load From (I use RS232A), then type in the file name you want the new program stored as on the control and hit enter. The machine is now ready to receive the program from your CAM software. If you are still having trouble you might need to configure your communications (Baud Rate, Parity...) so they are the same on the machine and CAM software.

Good luck!

Kris