587,925 active members*
3,711 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Hobby Discussion > Anyone want to try their hand at bipe wheels?

Anyone want to try their hand at bipe wheels?

I was hoping someone out there might be using something like vcarvepro with cut 3D that would be willing to take a stab at WWI biplane wheels. Here are the specs for the bought kind...

1/8 scale Vintage Wheels

SPECS: Width of Wheel: 1" (25mm)

Diameter: 3.5" (89mm)

Axle Hole Diameter: 1/8" (3mm) (can be drilled out to 3/16")

Weight: 1.13oz (32g) each

I have attached a photo of these wheels. They would not need to have as much detail. As to material, Plastic or Wood. Doesnt matter much to me. The retail price on the wheels in the photo are about $25 a set. That is pretty expensive for RC wheels. And seeing I am building a WWI SE5a for combat, they dont have to be fancy.

If you are interested, PM me a guess on price and your thoughts on material that would be used.

Thanks for your time!

Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DUB350V-450.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by rpage View Post
    I was hoping someone out there might be using something like vcarvepro with cut 3D that would be willing to take a stab at WWI biplane wheels. Here are the specs for the bought kind...

1/8 scale Vintage Wheels

SPECS: Width of Wheel: 1" (25mm)

Diameter: 3.5" (89mm)

Axle Hole Diameter: 1/8" (3mm) (can be drilled out to 3/16")

Weight: 1.13oz (32g) each

I have attached a photo of these wheels. They would not need to have as much detail. As to material, Plastic or Wood. Doesnt matter much to me. The retail price on the wheels in the photo are about $25 a set. That is pretty expensive for RC wheels. And seeing I am building a WWI SE5a for combat, they dont have to be fancy.

If you are interested, PM me a guess on price and your thoughts on material that would be used.

Thanks for your time!

Rick
    Rick, just an FYI, unless somebody is gonna make a whole bunch of them, development time alone is going to be $100's of somebody's time unless they aren't looking to get paid. You also don't need CNC to make wheels. Materials aren't inexpensive either, and you have to buy in feet. What's somebody going to do with the excess? Your best bet is to make them on your own, or bite the bullet and buy em, otherwise you'll spend a whole lot more I'd guess.

Thanks for the reply. I did get a PM on here of someone that was going to try and make wheels for the same reason I was asking. I of course have not heard back from him in a bit... so who knows.

I understand what you are saying and I am in the process of building a CNC router to do some of my own stuff. I currently have a CNC plasma table and have been using it for years. My table however is not setup to use a router.

Anyway, thanks for the reply to this semi dead thread