586,032 active members*
2,828 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Alibre design Expert

I have owned design expert 12 for several years and I have a new comp, geometric wants me to pay up maintenance so I can use it with windows 8. is there a way to get around the fees? after all I purchased the program and paid the maintenance for a few years but didn't need the new stuff for what I do. thanks for any help.
    thanks Kenneth
    www.lambertsrc.com

Re: Alibre design Expert

I 'understand' there is a way to install dual OS in windows (7 and 8.1) but that's about the limit of my knowledge. You might look into that.

The newer versions of GeoMagic Design won't work on XP but I don't know if the older versions will work on Win 8 or 10. If you have the program DVD or the downloaded file from the version you are presently using, you could always try installing it and see if it works. If you don't have either, call or email GMD tech support and ask for a link to the downloadable version that you presently own. Other than that you may be SOL.

Mike

I have the disc and downloads I called them and they don't want me to use it on my new comp unless I pay the maintenance fees. so I understand it must work but I own the program I should be able to use it. win 8.1 won't let me install it without some kind of code or something . thanks for the replies .
    thanks Kenneth
    www.lambertsrc.com

Old versions of Alibre Design - prior to V12 - that worked on XP do not work on win7 because it lacks "microsoft JVM". I tried to use it on various virtual machines with win XP installed, sometimes it started but was not able to initialise 3D engine, always showed empty screen . My license does not cover V12 so i keep old XP compuetr (not connected to internet) just for alibre - at least the license was dirt cheap, 100 $ or something