Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Alarm message 1001 21i T

Alarm message 1001 spindle speed monitor - no respons

What is the best procedure to try to correct this

Thanks
    Bill

1xxx and 2xxx alarms are generated in the ladder. either there will be a 'disp' box instruction in the ladder, or a 'a' address is being written... on the pmc/status page, hit A0 (zero- not letter O) and 'search' softkey, if theres a '1' anywhere on the page, thats your message...go to the ladder screen, and hit whatever address had a '1' in it, and 'wsearch' softkey- it will bring up the rung calling the message.

just a guess, but if the spindle encoder is missing/damaged/belt broken, it might cause it...again guessing, but they sometimes have a comparison instruction comparing the spindle encoder rpm to the motor pulse generator rpm, and if too much of a mismatch, it flags a fault...some of our moris had this, and we were able to set a parameter in the drive to allow running without it, just cant do feed per rev- which we dont...

Thank you for the reply. I'm still beating my head against the wall with this.

To start off with, the machine came with no batteries in it (first picture). After I installed the batteries, I get the messages displayed on the other two pictures.

I have narrowed my immediate problem down to the instruction where I am supposed to input a "1" into the APZ column of parameter 1815. It shows 00100000, and is supposed to be 00110000 when I finish, on the X and Y axes. I can input a 1 into any other column except the APZ column (column number 4). When I input a 1, it just ignores the command.

Enclosed are some pictures I took.

Thanks again,
    Bill Gillen

Attachment 189506

Attachment 189504

Attachment 189502

Don't bother till you replace the batteries. The battery 0 alarm will hold you up right now.

I have installed new batteries thats when i got the alarm 1001 and the -eng-alm.Attachment 189522

Hi all,

I have made some progress, but it is still "stuck" in E-Stop mode for some reason. I was finally able to set the parameters shown in post #3 to the correct 00110000 (a friend came by and eventually figured out that if you set everything to 00000000, and then set the parameter to 00110000 it will accept that). However, it did not change the behaviour. The machine is stuck in the E-Stop position and will not let me out yet. I checked the E-Stop switch for continuity, and the door switch also tested out good. One clue I have is it does not have the 24V at the E-Stop switch, but I can't find out why. I still have the following message: Alarm message 1001 spindle speed monitor - no response

At the risk of sounding dumb, may I ask you (TC429) about "hit A0 (zero- not letter O)"? When I hit A, I get an X, not a 0. Is that the same?

Does anybody have a Storm manual that has the troubleshooting portion? I have pdfs of manuals up through Section 7, but nothing on Sections 8-10.

Thank you again,
    Bill Gillen

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gillen View Post
    Hi all,

At the risk of sounding dumb, may I ask you (TC429) about "hit A0 (zero- not letter O)"? When I hit A, I get an X, not a 0. Is that the same?
    Bill, try just pressing other keys...sounds to me like they put a Mill panel on a Turning control or vice/versa, or maybe the fullkey option is flipped...either way the keys might not do what they say, as key legends vary between models even though the 'board' part is the same...
    if the batteries were missing, you might have a world of issues, look on the pmc/param/tmr-keep-whatever pages, if everythings zero, you gotta get that stuff back in there first...some controls store in flash rom, keep it even with dead batteries, some store in RAM and everything gets garbled or lost... does your control show some bits set to 1 starting at parameter 9920? if those are ALL zero, you will need to get the OEM data for those too

The info TC429 gave you is for troubleshooting the alarm on the PMC / ladder screen. Don't worry about it. It won't help.

You need to re-load the normal parameters and PMC parameters from your backup or you may have a listing in one of your machine manuals (not the Fanuc manuals) that you could type in manually. Your machine won't do anything until all of the parameters are put back to the same numbers as they were before the batteries died.

If you don't have a backup you are in serious deep sh*t. Contact the manufacturer, tell them your machine's serial number and see if they have a backup. If not try to sell the machine to someone with a boat and they can use it as an anchor ;-)

fordav11 I do not think that has to do with reloading parameters (I saw in photos 2 and 3 the run time and part count is different from zero and parameter 1815 and 1816 is set)
    for EMG alarm Did you check if somehow one of the axes is on mechanical limit swich
    you have a pdf copy of the ladder or on a memory card?
    As tc429 said you should search in the ladder what trigger alarm 1001

Quote Originally Posted by viorel26 View Post
    fordav11 I do not think that has to do with reloading parameters (I saw in photos 2 and 3 the run time and part count is different from zero and parameter 1815 and 1816 is set)
    for EMG alarm Did you check if somehow one of the axes is on mechanical limit swich
    you have a pdf copy of the ladder or on a memory card?
    As tc429 said you should search in the ladder what trigger alarm 1001
    nah, I gotta agree with fordav11- i didnt realize the thing had been cleared, so theres probably a boatload of pmc keep/timer/counter settings screwed up... need to get that data found and reloaded, or else you'll be digging in the ladder/schematics/manuals for many hours trying to sort out what needs set...it can be done, but its one of the most difficult messes to sort out you can run into...

anyone with a plc/cnc machine needs to know what and how to back EVERYTHING up, i bet 1/3 of the posts in here are due to a cleared control/no backups... one of those 'dont know what youve got till its gone' moments... ive seen machines scrapped out simply due to folks not being able find the time to recommission them after a dead battery, and a out of business OEM making it impossible to get the original data. sadly, it happens almost everyday

Thanks for the replys
    I have a pdf copy of the ladder not sure what to look for`
    do not have a copy of the parameters but the look to be thre
    I put up photos of the parameters and the ladder
    It has absolute encoders i do not think it has limit swichs ???

Thanks for you help
    Bill
    Attachment 190144Attachment 190146Attachment 190148

wow. you seem to be one of the lucky ones and the parameters have survived.
    so.... follow the instructions in post#2. but if you press all of the keys and you cant get the correct key that method is not going to work.

have a look at the 24v power supply or trace where it comes from/goes to in the back of the control box. if you are missing 24V it will cause many strange problems. the fault could be as simple as a bad 24v power supply.

glad to see your data is intact

maybe other stuff still, but your 'estop' input (very first contact in the ladder) is off... dont recall the keys, but think its the far left softkey shifts the softkeys, shift that until the 'address/symbol' key appears and see what input that is... think its x8.4 in most newer controls but not sure... whatever it is, its a hardwired signal, supposed to be just a estop button (or a string of them in series) to pull that high, get that input up first and go from there. usually a alarm wont appear before ready, just depends on who wrote the ladder... maybe it will clear when estop clears?

edit-
    darn. just looked again at pics, see the 1001 alarm doesnt say estop at the bottom, so guess that was just when the pic was taken on the other screen... so nevermind.

if you cant find the 'a' key, you can still fumble thru without it... do the shift/address/symbol thing above, then just page down thru the ladder looking for a 'A' coil highlighted on the right side of a ladder rung...will take a while to page thru it, but...
    hopefully the rest of the ladder has good text symbols like the first page does if flipping thru that way, keep a eye out for a 'disp' box instruction, but most likely youll see a 'dispb' as that is so much easier from a ladder programmers standpoint...but still possible they used DISP which doesnt use A addresses to call messages- unlikely though. but if they did, the last address inside the box becomes the message call byte(s), you can look up that D or R byte in pmc status to find what bit is high, and 'wsearch' that in the ladder page to see whats turning it on...
    90% sure youll see the "DISPB" box though that just enables the A addresses as message calls, and youll see a Axx.x coil lit up in the ladder... good luck

in post #11 in the first picture taken at 21:04:14 not shown any alarm at the 2nd picture taken on 21:04:32 alarm 1001 and EMG occurs,that's why I think alarm 1001 is what causes EMG.

Thanks for all your help up to this point. However I now have a new issue. I have learned how to navigate through to the ladder. I learned to hold the shift key down to bring the A up. So now i have got to the point where I don't how to interpret the Ladder. I am posting a couple of pictures of where I stumped ?

thanks
    bill

Attachment 190506Attachment 190508Attachment 190510Attachment 190512

use the left softkey to shift softkeys, press the 'address' to change the display and show the address of that 'HNDSK' contact in your second pic, then w-search that address, and so on, to backtrack whats turning it on... note, you can type hndsk [w-search] but i think its easier to type addresses than text on that funky keyboard... the A13.6 message probably wont show until the first message clears- i dunno though...maybe it was first, and caused the A0.1? might look into both and see

Quote Originally Posted by tc429 View Post
    use the left softkey to shift softkeys, press the 'address' to change the display and show the address of that 'HNDSK' contact in your second pic, then w-search that address, and so on, to backtrack whats turning it on... note, you can type hndsk [w-search] but i think its easier to type addresses than text on that funky keyboard... the A13.6 message probably wont show until the first message clears- i dunno though...maybe it was first, and caused the A0.1? might look into both and see

Hi,
    Thank you again for your help. I walked through your instructions on my machine, but still am not sure what I am looking for. The pictures I posted on this reply show the A0000.1 code message on picture 1 through the A0013.6 message at the end of the ladder on picture 6, but I still don't know exactly what I am looking for here.

Thank you again for your continued patience,
    Bill Gillen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	80 strom 063.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	192626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	80 strom 064.jpg 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	192628Click image for larger version. 

Name:	80 strom 065.jpg 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	192630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	80 strom 066.jpg 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	192632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	80 strom 067.jpg 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	192634Click image for larger version. 

Name:	80 strom 068.jpg 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	192636

in pic. 1 alarm 1001 appear when R0000.4 is on (1)
    R0000.4 is on (1) when K000.3 is off (0) and R0001.0 is off (0) ,and will stay on if K000.3 is off (0) and R000.4 is on (1) and X008.2 is off (0)
    you can set K000.3 to 1 (now K000.3 is 0) in Keep relay page and alarm 1001 will not occur ;but you should check what will enable K000.3
    search for what is it x0008.2 ? and when R0001.0 is on or off ?

My 18iM Model A has a similar problem where it liked to 'forget' which fullkey it has attached to it. FANUC couldn't figure that one out. We took a edited ladder from a similar machine and it sortda runs ok. Uses the Alpha amps. But Sometimes it likes to throw up 1001 on startup with the EMG clear.

I finally got a lot of the bad stuff cleared out, Alarms etc but it took some tweaking which on a older I Series is not for the faint.

The PMC tables were edited so that they ran ok but the servo timing is sometimes sluggish especilly the X axes. The Alpha servos re nice compared to some I've seen. They're the mid size Alphas.

Keep working on it, you'll get it.

Hello dear friends
    I also had this problem, I don't know what to do, the parameters are all correct, but I have exactly the same alarm, of course, I had a connection that has been fixed.
    Please help me, thank you ????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20231128_135741.jpg